Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:33 AM

9 posts, read 104,012 times

Advertisements

As a recent transplant to the area, can someone please tell me why there are so many drug dealers in Atlanta? Not little corner boy drug dealers, because they cant afford to leave the ghetto, but Im talking about these drug dealers who make Nino Brown from New Jack City money. They actually had a group here called BMF and they rented a helicopter and thru out money over downtown concert a few years ago, they rented billboards "proclaiming they ran the world" actual billboards in the city that normally carry advertisements! This place is crazy, where are the police? Do they care? I recently moved into the 12 in Atlantic Station, and this building is full of drug dealers. Ive never been in a city with so many young thugs running around with money, the FBI, DEA, and local police are constantly in my building, plain clothes or sometimes undercover. It makes no sense!!! Please someone enlighten me!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Title:
Quote:
Too many drug dealers in atlanta (where r the police?)
Quote:
the FBI, DEA, and local police are constantly in my building, plain clothes or sometimes undercover.

I think you answered your own question.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM

263 posts, read 1,132,639 times
How do u know they are undercover?

Are you mad that people of other races have more money than you? Are you not used to seeing other people besides people of your skin color with money since you are from the midwest?

Just as many drug dealers in the midwest smoking PCP and shooting heroin. {Moderator Removed} - Do NOT personally insult/name call in the forums.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-17-2008 at 11:33 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Title:

I think you answered your own question.
They dont do anything, they may arrest someone, but that particular person will be right back out in a few days doing what they do.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 AM

826 posts, read 3,121,210 times
After the problem with the cops killing the 92 year old on Neil Street, the narcotics division was taken off the street and retrained. They have just now gotten back into the swing of things.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip1980 View Post
How do u know they are undercover?

Are you mad that people of other races have more money than you? Are you not used to seeing other people besides people of your skin color with money since you are from the midwest?

Just as many drug dealers in the midwest smoking PCP and shooting heroin. {Moderator Removed} - Do NOT personally insult/name call in the forums

^^^
I think thats racist what you just said, so because Im concerned about drug dealers in my area you assumed that I'm white?? For your information my mother is puerto rican and white, my father is black. You should go look at a map, Im from Hammond, Indiana which is 10 minutes from Chicago and 5 minutes west of Gary, Indiana which is one of the most violent small cities in America, not to mention that even though Hammond is in Indiana, its more diverse than anywhere in Atlanta. I grew up with white friends, black friends, hispanic friends, russian friends, asian friends you name the ethnic group I grew up around them. And your right Herion and PCP are readilly available where Im from, but the drug dealers dont live in high rises and the nicer parts of town, they stay in the ghetto. Here in Atlanta they do their dirt in the ghetto, but lay there head in YOUR neighborhood. I work hard to get what I have gotten LEGALLY, and I dont appreciate my intown high rise which is supposed to be nice, and in a nice part of town, being infested with BMW driving, gold jewelery wearing drug dealers. I get up early to go to work everyday, they lay around until 1pm and stay up until 4 am in the morning, they pay their mortgage/rent every month so they have money, but the problem lies in the riff raff they bring, roberries, shootings, and the police kicking in doors which seems to happen once a month here. I pay to much for my spot to live around this. So next time before you jump to conclusions you should do more reasearch {Moderator Removed}

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-17-2008 at 11:39 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM

263 posts, read 1,132,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Boy View Post
^^^
I think thats racist what you just said, so because Im concerned about drug dealers in my area you assumed that I'm white?? For your information my mother is puerto rican and white, my father is black. You should go look at a map, Im from Hammond, Indiana which is 10 minutes from Chicago and 5 minutes west of Gary, Indiana which is one of the most violent small cities in America, not to mention that even though Hammond is in Indiana, its more diverse than anywhere in Atlanta. I grew up with white friends, black friends, hispanic friends, russian friends, asian friends you name the ethnic group I grew up around them. And your right Herion and PCP are readilly available where Im from, but the drug dealers dont live in high rises and the nicer parts of town, they stay in the ghetto. Here in Atlanta they do their dirt in the ghetto, but lay there head in YOUR neighborhood. I work hard to get what I have gotten LEGALLY, and I dont appreciate my intown high rise which is supposed to be nice, and in a nice part of town, being infested with BMW driving, gold jewelery wearing drug dealers. I get up early to go to work everyday, they lay around until 1pm and stay up until 4 am in the morning, they pay their mortgage/rent every month so they have money, but the problem lies in the riff raff they bring, roberries, shootings, and the police kicking in doors which seems to happen once a month here. I pay to much for my spot to live around this. So next time before you jump to conclusions you should do more reasearch homie!!!!!!!!!!
How do you know they are drug dealers? What proof do you have?

If you just moved to the area, how do u know who is an agent and who isnt?

You are another racist boy that arent used to seeing certain people with money. You arent in your backwoods city anymore. If u think certain people are drug dealers just because of what they drive you are just stupid. Thats like if I said every old man walking near a school is a child molester....go back to where you are from racist boy

Last edited by chip1980; 10-17-2008 at 11:40 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
Atlanta has had a serious police shortage for quite a few years now. That is probably one of the main reasons the crime rate is so high. They tend not to want to go after criminals sometimes due to the chance they would not have backup.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip1980 View Post
first u said u was a recent transplant and now u have been working here for several months....make up your mind and stop making up stuff country racist boy
^^^
LOL!! I would consider being here since June of this year to be quite recent Chip!!! I lived here for a year in 1998 for my freshman year of college at Morehouse, then I realized that HBCU's are a joke so I transferred to NorthWestern U in Illionois, and now my job has moved me back here so yes I do still consider myself a recent transplant!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:19 PM

207 posts, read 940,321 times
What else would you expect from "Thug City" aka NOLA east?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta