Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:42 AM

431 posts, read 2,125,804 times

Advertisements

Hello Atlantans,

I'll be staying at the W-Midtown for a weekend getaway. I live in Lawrenceville, but who cares, I need a break. So can anybody tell me what the bars/clubs are like in the hotel. I think one is called the Living Room and the other ??. Are there any other spots in the area that I could go and check out on a Saturday night?

What are the rooms like? I just went online to look. I reserved a room in the upper floors 20+ with a view. Not sure which view I should ask for--any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 AM

341 posts, read 1,337,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
Hello Atlantans,

I'll be staying at the W-Midtown for a weekend getaway. I live in Lawrenceville, but who cares, I need a break. So can anybody tell me what the bars/clubs are like in the hotel. I think one is called the Living Room and the other ??. Are there any other spots in the area that I could go and check out on a Saturday night?

What are the rooms like? I just went online to look. I reserved a room in the upper floors 20+ with a view. Not sure which view I should ask for--any suggestions?

^^^
Check out Whiskey Park or the Spice Market, cant go wrong with either one. The other W by Centennial Park has the Mile High Club which is just as good as the other two. I love the W

Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
NYLATINQT - How cool that you are coming in for the weekend. I wish more people from the burbs took advantage of the City like you. You should have a blast.

The new W is hot, in a word. The other main bar there is a branch of the famous Whisky Park. Chef Jean-Paul from New York has also opened a restaurant in the hotel called the Spice Market. Right next door in Colony Square is Shout, a pretty popular hangout with a fantastic roof deck that provides drop-dead views of the surrounding skyscrapers. Right across the street in the base of the Symphony Tower (aka 1180 Peachtree) is Tap, one of the best gastro-pubs in the South. About a block and a half away is Crescent Ave, which is loaded with clubs and restaurants. This is a very lively and happening area and you will have no shortage of cool places to check out and eat/drink. One of my faves on Crescent is Front Page News.

The rooms at the W are fantastic. This hotel was originally opened as a Fairmont when new, then converted to a Sheraton before this latest re-birth. The rooms are oversized and feature floor to celing windows with fantastic views. If you can, ask for a South-facing view. You'll be blown away!

Have fun!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:00 AM

Oh, I almost forgot. One of the hottest dance clubs in town is also within walking distance, Opera. It's across Peachtree and down half a block. This is the infamous space the formerly housed Petrus - pretty cool place.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
NYLATINQT - How cool that you are coming in for the weekend. I wish more people from the burbs took advantage of the City like you. You should have a blast.

The new W is hot, in a word. The other main bar there is a branch of the famous Whisky Park. Chef Jean-Paul from New York has also opened a restaurant in the hotel called the Spice Market. Right next door in Colony Square is Shout, a pretty popular hangout with a fantastic roof deck that provides drop-dead views of the surrounding skyscrapers. Right across the street in the base of the Symphony Tower (aka 1180 Peachtree) is Tap, one of the best gastro-pubs in the South. About a block and a half away is Crescent Ave, which is loaded with clubs and restaurants. This is a very lively and happening area and you will have no shortage of cool places to check out and eat/drink. One of my faves on Crescent is Front Page News.

The rooms at the W are fantastic. This hotel was originally opened as a Fairmont when new, then converted to a Sheraton before this latest re-birth. The rooms are oversized and feature floor to celing windows with fantastic views. If you can, ask for a South-facing view. You'll be blown away!

Have fun!

Wow they have a Font Page News on Cresent now? I was just at the Leopard Lounge a few weeks ago and I didnt see it, where is it by chance?
Oh yeah and the view at Shout is nice, but the view from Maxim Prime is crazy, you could take the view from Maxim Prime and put it on a postcard, its that good!!! Downtown and Buckhead look like on long line of shiny pearls, or maybe I was just drunk. But regardless, its the best view in Atlanta by far.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:52 AM

Crazy, it's at 1104 Crescent, just down the block from Vickery's on the same side of the street.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:18 PM

989 posts, read 1,742,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
^^^
Check out Whiskey Park or the Spice Market, cant go wrong with either one. The other W by Centennial Park has the Mile High Club which is just as good as the other two. I love the W
Is this actually open? I never see anyone over there on the weekends.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Oh yeah, they've probably been open about a month now.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
It is, its just that the W on 14th draws more people becasue its right off of Peachtree.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post

I am so sorry - I thought you were asking about the W Midtown. The W downtown opens in Jan. I think. They are in the process of staffing it up as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta