Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 04:12 PM

431 posts, read 2,125,804 times

Advertisements

I need to find out the names of reputable audio engineering programs in Atlanta or the southeast. I've heard of SAE and Full Sail in Orlando. I also hear GSU has a Music Technology program. Who has equipment that is used in the real world and who provides internships? My son will be graduating high school next year and this is what he wants to get into but I have no idea which schools are worth it and which are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:53 PM

697 posts, read 3,021,331 times
How about Belmont University in Nashville? They have a very highly regarded music business program, with state of the art studio facilities that are also used as working studios. It also has the advantage of being part of a fully accredited university, so that your son would have the opportunity to get an education, instead of vocational training, and would have options without having to transfer elsewhere should his interests change. The internship and networking opportunities at Belmont are unique in this part of the world, given its relationship with record companies, studios, etc. in Nashville. One of our neighbors' sons is just finishing up there (in the music business program) and has been completely happy with it).

The web site for the Center for Audio Recording Arts at GSU is pretty lame and appears to have been put together over a decade ago and essentially abandoned, but that's all I really know about it. Twenty years ago, I knew a few people enrolled in GSU's music business program, but their emphasis was on music management and their internships were all in the marketing and distribution side of the record business, not in recording.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 6,179 times
I have also been looking for places.I have heard of Full Sail great school but the price is high, also CSB school of Broadcasting which is a small school not too expensive but be careful with the school being sold.One that I have came upon recently is Recording connection from what I can tell it's a great school.Its like a internship but much better you learn instead of getting coffe for the workers.Its a one on one learning plus hands on.Cost maybe around $7,000 they are everywhere so you may want to look it up recordingconnection.com or call @ (800)295-4400. I don't work for them or go there yet but Im really thinking about attending I have search everywhere and I do believe this school will be great for me.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:28 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
I don't know anything about The Art Institute of Atlanta, but it offers a Bachelor of Arts degree program in Audio Production through the Media Arts Department. Digital Media Arts - The Art Institutes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta