Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:26 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,688 times

Advertisements

Gun found at Woodstock High | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cherokee/stories/2009/03/05/lockdown_woodstock_high_gun.html - broken link)

A friend of mine has a daughter their and she said 4 students with automatic weapons were in the High School this morning. My friend also mentioned an underlining class warefare between the haves and the have-nots in Woodtsock and Cherokee County to the reason why this type of tension is going on.

The only tension I can think of is the poorer families who have been there for awhile versus the new richer transplants and people who have money who have roots. Basically Red Necks versus the rest of the kids. Anyone with more insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Yeah- no "automatic weapons" at the school- just a kid who ran away from home last night and decided to bring a gun to school this morning. My neighbor is a teacher there, and he, his wife and my wife have been in constant contact this morning.

There's no "class warfare" in Cherokee County that I've seen or heard of, and I highly doubt it was the cause of whatever "tension" you think transpired to create this situation. Good to see that you think the area is nothing but a bunch of "rednecks" and "rich transplants" though.......

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,665,242 times
Students planned attack on school, police say | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cherokee/stories/2009/03/05/lockdown_woodstock_high_gun.html?cxntlid=homepage_ tab_newstab - broken link)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 AM

239 posts, read 923,141 times
"Sgt. Jay Baker said Holly Springs police got a tip that two or three students would be going to Woodstock High armed with the weapons and 180 rounds of ammunition. The two assault weapons were a Mini 14 and an AK-47, he said."

It appears the police, in this case, prevented what could have been a truley tragic event. Job well done.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Yeah- no "automatic weapons" at the school- just a kid who ran away from home last night and decided to bring a gun to school this morning. My neighbor is a teacher there, and he, his wife and my wife have been in constant contact this morning.

There's no "class warfare" in Cherokee County that I've seen or heard of, and I highly doubt it was the cause of whatever "tension" you think transpired to create this situation. Good to see that you think the area is nothing but a bunch of "rednecks" and "rich transplants" though.......
"Sgt. Jay Baker said Holly Springs police got a tip that two or three students would be going to Woodstock High armed with the weapons and 180 rounds of ammunition. The two assault weapons were a Mini 14 and an AK-47, he said."

WOW...They planned to bring those weapons to school. Very crazy situation and glad they broke it up before anything happened. Obviously it's a bunch of RedNeck Thugs Running around there with Automatic Weapons planning schools attacks. What's going on in Cherokee County that would spark this type of behavior?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:53 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post

WOW...They planned to bring those weapons to school. Very crazy situation and glad they broke it up before anything happened. Obviously it's a bunch of RedNeck Thugs Running around there with Automatic Weapons planning schools attacks. What's going on in Cherokee County that would spark this type of behavior?
I dunno- maybe the same kind of thing that "sparks behavior" that leads to bartenders being shot and killed in intown neighborhoods. Must be all the ghetto thugs that live intown.....

And as a member of "Atlanta's finest", I'd hope you'd know that a mini-14 and AK-47 aren't necessarily "automatic weapons"- they're most likely "semi-automatic", just like tons of guns that can be both at the local Walmart or Bass Pro Shops. Let's not make it seem like there's some "Redneck Militia" out in Cherokee County plotting to kill all of the "rich transplants".....

Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
So far, there is no evidence that the kids who brought the guns were rednecks. We could just as easily asssume they are rich kids.

Columbine is an upper middle class school, and the shooters in that case were rich kids.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 AM

239 posts, read 923,141 times
I'm sure (or I at least hope) that you guys are being somewhat facetious to enhance your point. But is it really necessary to turn this fortunate avoidance of tragedy into a not-so-subtle racist debate.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I dunno- maybe the same kind of thing that "sparks behavior" that leads to bartenders being shot and killed in intown neighborhoods. Must be all the ghetto thugs that live intown.....

And as a member of "Atlanta's finest", I'd hope you'd know that a mini-14 and AK-47 aren't necessarily "automatic weapons"- they're most likely "semi-automatic", just like tons of guns that can be both at the local Walmart or Bass Pro Shops. Let's not make it seem like there's some "Redneck Militia" out in Cherokee County plotting to kill all of the "rich transplants".....
Not a member of the Police sorry... semi-auto or automatic doesn't really matter at this point. What matters is that High School KIDS lives were at stake at Woodstock High School and these lives were threatened by these TEENAGE THUGS in Cherokee County running around with weapons. Where was the parent supervision of these Redneck/Transplant/Ghetto THUGS or whatever you want to call them today? Mini-14 and AK-47's? Is it that serious to run around with that type of weaponery in the serene tranquility of Cherokee County?

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 03-05-2009 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,527,581 times
I am just really thankful no one was hurt and the kids were caught. This kind of thing can happen anywhere. Another sad and disturbing wake up call for all parents of school age kids. It is why we all really have to know what our kids are doing, montior their friends, activites.....it is so important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: