Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 PM

102 posts, read 393,346 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys -

Does anyone have any information/opinions on the new Walden Crossing subdivision in Mableton. I saw an old post enquiring about it but I just wanted to check to see if there is any new news.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 03:18 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma31 View Post
Does anyone have any information/opinions on the new Walden Crossing subdivision in Mableton. I saw an old post enquiring about it but I just wanted to check to see if there is any new news.
That's located further south than I tend to wander, unfortunately...

Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 PM

11 posts, read 49,992 times
Went to look at it today. Don't like the surronding area but the community seems nice.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
If that is the one that is on Mableton Pkwy, I would be super sketched out by the area. Any potential "redevelopment" of that corridor has pretty much stalled out due to the housing bubble bursting....I would rather spend a little more or buy an older house in a more established area of Smyrna if I were you.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:57 PM

Yeah, moved here now and checked it out. Definitely not as attractive as I would have thought.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Yeah, moved here now and checked it out. Definitely not as attractive as I would have thought.

Thanks for the feedback.
I tend to draw a line at Veterans Memorial Highway. No real reason, I guess, other than gut reaction, but when we were looking for houses, it was only in southern Smyrna and those parts of Mableton which were north of that line.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:07 PM

Well that rules out quite a few subdivisions in that area.

Just south of Veterans Memorial seems ok also.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Well that rules out quite a few subdivisions in that area.

Just south of Veterans Memorial seems ok also.
I lived in Providence for a few years and agree with rcsteiner's assessment...the further you go south of Veteran's, the rougher the area gets. Near Six Flags and it is pretty scary. Not sure what your budget is, but there are so many good deals out there on resales, that I would concentrate my search in the parts of Mableton near Vinings Estates or just go further north/east to Smyrna. I liked Providence a lot, but I would defintiely feel semi-nervous leaving my wife home alone if I had to go out of town or if she was out walking the dog....I would see a lot of riff raff in the surrounding areas, and often they would pop into our development.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
I lived in Providence for a few years and agree with rcsteiner's assessment...the further you go south of Veteran's, the rougher the area gets. Near Six Flags and it is pretty scary. Not sure what your budget is, but there are so many good deals out there on resales, that I would concentrate my search in the parts of Mableton near Vinings Estates or just go further north/east to Smyrna. I liked Providence a lot, but I would defintiely feel semi-nervous leaving my wife home alone if I had to go out of town or if she was out walking the dog....I would see a lot of riff raff in the surrounding areas, and often they would pop into our development.
It's all about budget isn't it. What would you actually consider a good deal?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Nothing specific in mind, but just saying that I know there are a lot of fixer uppers in Smyrna that run in the $200k's....might require some work, but worth it in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta