Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM

107 posts, read 354,682 times

Advertisements

I like Palmetto and Newnan.

Palmetto very sweet hometown feel with alot of things right next door in Newnan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM

449 posts, read 1,176,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganP View Post
Thank you all for your feedback.

I don't want to live in Peachtree City, because it is too far from the expressway and downtown Atlanta.

I have checked out Fairburn, but there is nothing to do there and the nearest grocery store isn't as close as I would like.

Like I said, my boyfriend and I are looking for a good split between Atlanta and PTC. I would like this location to have the modern conveniences close by (grocery store, gas station, food, etc.). And this location must be close to the expressway.

I live in Fairburn (off of Jonesboro Rd), but my house might as well be Union City. Parts of Fairburn are right off of 85 and not much further to grocery stores, 85, and other amenities.

Most of Union City doesn't have as nice communities as Fairburn IMO, I'd look into Fairburn, Palmetto, Tyronne, and other parts of North Fayette County.

Fairburn and Union City are literally 5-10 minutes away from Fayette County and Fayette has very nice homes.

I don't know what your budget is like, but Fairburn has ridiculously large homes if you're looking for an upscale single family home at on point or another.

Evander Holyfield's house is not far from mine in Fairburn (by the Fayette County line) and is on more acres than I've ever seen one house on in person.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM

501 posts, read 801,428 times
We moved from College Park 2 years ago, (we lived there for 6 years) I had had enough of that side of town. We were not victims of any crimes (thankfully), we were just sick of being on that side of Atlanta. I am not sure what people's choice of pet has do with anything, not all pitbull owners are thugs who delight in the mistreatment and abuse of animals-and those who do deserve the same fate they administer to said animal. Newnan, Tyrone, Fairburn and Peachtree City are nice quiet areas with cute little downtown areas.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM

119 posts, read 212,586 times
I use to live in Meadow Glen in Fairburn and I loved it! I was a minute away from the expressway and I grocery shopped in Tyrone and PTC. Union City is too hood for me and Fayetteville is not close enough to the expressway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta