Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 11:10 AM

89 posts, read 381,865 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

My husband and I are looking for our first home, preferably townhome and a couple townhomes in Tucker caught our eyes. Prices are more affordable/resonable than the ones in Duluth which we has been doing most of our search, but our major concern is the safety.
I searched the forum and I got the impression that certain parts of Tucker are upscale residential areas and very safe. We are looking at a couple townhomes in zipcode 30084 area and wondering if you guys have any opinion on that particular neighborhood, and also what are the good areas of Tucker (if you could provide the zip code, it would help lots, thanks!)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,305,783 times
30084 covers virtually the entire Tucker area.

30084 is a diverse area. Some parts are very nice and some are not very nice. Fortunately, the good FAR outweighs the bad.

Rule of thumb for Tucker (or anywhere else, for that matter): Don't buy property if there is an apartment complex within a stone's throw.

Do you know which road the townhomes you liked are on?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Thank you JPD for your reply! Townhome is on Bellewood Ash Lane... couldn't locate it on Yahoo map; I guess cause it's new?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:48 PM
JPD

I couldn't find a decent map either, but I'm 99% certain it's in the Gwinnett County part of Tucker, and is in the Parkview High School district. (Most of Tucker is in Dekalb County.) That part of Tucker has mostly new homes, but I can't offer specific info since I spend no time there except whe I'm passing through on the way to Spiced Right BBQ in Lilburn. Actually, most people probably think that area is Lilburn and not Tucker.

From the website of Fox & Jacobs/Centex Homes:

Moderator cut: builder link

Bellewood, a beautiful new gated townhome neighborhood in the Atlanta Metropolitan area, offers excellent amenities and a great location. Features include a pool, sport court, and large open spaces.
Located in Tucker, Bellewood is minutes from I-85 and I-285 and is located in the Parkview High School district!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:52 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,097,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatingVerySoon View Post
Thank you JPD for your reply! Townhome is on Bellewood Ash Lane... couldn't locate it on Yahoo map; I guess cause it's new?
Bellewood townhomes are located just off Lawrenceville Highway. Does that help?

Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment 07 View Post
It's off of Lawrenceville Highway. Does that help?
Haha. What in Tucker is NOT off of Lawrenceville Hwy?

It's off of Lawrenceville Hwy on the Gwinnett side of Mountain Industrial/Jimmy Carter Blvd. Probably very close to Pike's Nursery.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:23 AM

7 posts, read 24,288 times
Try Google maps - maps.google.com. From that map, it looks like the neighborhood is just east of 'downtown' Tucker, close to railroad tracks and near some commercial warehouses. I live in the Henderson Park area and the neighborhoods are excellent there. Tucker is considered "up and coming" so any new construction there should do well in terms of property value. Try the satellite view from Google maps or Ask.com maps.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 AM

Thank you all for your replis!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Arrow Tucker is on its way 'Back'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatingVerySoon View Post
Hi there,

My husband and I are looking for our first home, preferably townhome and a couple townhomes in Tucker caught our eyes. Prices are more affordable/resonable than the ones in Duluth which we has been doing most of our search, but our major concern is the safety.
I searched the forum and I got the impression that certain parts of Tucker are upscale residential areas and very safe. We are looking at a couple townhomes in zipcode 30084 area and wondering if you guys have any opinion on that particular neighborhood, and also what are the good areas of Tucker (if you could provide the zip code, it would help lots, thanks!)

Thank you!
~~~
Email me if you want to discuss Tucker---taught there/lived there for many years--I've been looking there and also in the Flowers Rd area of Chamblee/Doraville--diverse and on their way back to be really Great places to live--prices haven't 'soared'--so now is a great time to get a good place to live.

Anybody want a great home---in the Flowers Rd area of Chamblee/Doraville ---I looked at this place in November--the owner is a contractor and did so many incredible things---decks that you could entertain --overlooking secluded woods--didn't see the inside much--he said ceramic tiles and lots of wood---looked incredible from what I saw--was going to rent it for $1000/mo or sell--to whomever 'Stepped Up'---still don't know if I can 'Buy'--and it is now rented but one of you 'Guys'--LOL--with the big bucks ---snap this up.

I found a great little 40's house in Tucker for me and my dog---and there is another house on the same property--a good deal for some one--owner says the other house will rent for $900/mo---I looked at it ---lots and lots of space and storage---somebody who needs a place would enjoy this area. 'Archdale Rd'---I know of a number of good opportunities in these two areas--email me if you want FYI--native Atlanta--trapped in the gridlock of the Emory corridor and planning to Escape---I have looked all the way out to Lawrenceville--Dacula/Auburn area---Manchester Walk/Bowen Homes---great new subdivision--???Cluster homes--little yards--Yeah--tired of all the yard work---3 floor plans---just great --starting in the upper $150's--the Summerlin has a master suite on the main floor--2 or 3 other bedrooms---good area for those who wanted a relatively manageable commute to 'Atlanta'/Decatur/Emory.

One forum moderator might be interested in these--sorry to forget your name--somewhere in Arizona--the southwest---I know you are looking for something like this in this area---this is considered the Athens/UGA region--great people---openminded and all that. Just passing along FYI...as always --LOL--well honed 'Communication Skills'--or as my friends say--you just like to 'Talk'--LOL--a woman--that is what we do---so Well...

More interesting than listening to what Neal Boortz likes to talk about--LOL--he is in touch with his feminine side for sure---loves to run his mouth and fly that plane---and be paid too well for doing so 'Little'--growl---:-( ---I emailed him and asked him when he was planning to 'Shut Up'---retire--I could do his job a lot better--then we would discuss 'Women's Issues'---and come up with a really Good Plan to improve the quality of life in this nation---why a woman would want the JOB of president--I cannot say--but men who listen to women---instead of expounding 24/7 on 'What is Wrong'--with Everybody else but them---that kind of leader gets the JOB done properly--haven't noticed such a person in those who have announced their candidacy yet---I think Guillani might be willing to 'Listen' to sensible advice--still hoping that a truly Gifted Leader will decide to run...

Anyone wanting to move to DeKalb County---be warned---we are lacking in Gifted Leadership in this county....heads hard as the granite of Stone Mountain and the Leaders do not seem to be fiscally responsible...this has been a problem for over half a century--no $$--in the 50's/60's there was never any $ because schools and sidewalks were being built--then in the 70's--times were 'Hard' --They said--gas crisis and I forget all the reasons--no $ in the 80's/90's ---cultural change etc--and now--'NO $$$' because they have gone out of their minds doing I don't know what---I just have to wonder how such an affluent area has survived with never any $$$ to keep the government running---they certainly collect more than 'ENOUGH' from each and every tax payer--for any reason---and are extremely ANAL about tiny details and yet we are Told---'WE JUST DON'T HAVE ANY $'--what are the citizens to Think?

We have a hardworking police force--I mean hard working--building more jails--prosecuting to the fullest extent of the law--courts stay full every day--presumably some money must come from all the fines ---I just can't 'Figure Out ' what is going on---

Seriously considering Barrow county--have to find out if they are capable of managing their money--no sense living anywhere where elected officials cannot understand financial matters---they should/could get some advice from Neal Boortz--painful as that might be...

LOL---radio talk show personality--loves to critically assess government and talk about Economics---if you move here --you will soon become familiar with his Libertarian ideas--TPTB love him--$$$$$$$---plenty of money in Atlanta metro area---and the state of Georgia--and there will be more--with all the people who want to relocate here--but we need and deserve leaders who can understand money management--JMO...<evil grin>

Later 'Gators'---as I said to my middle school students--they truly were 'Gators'--LOL--crazy as the real ones in the Okefenokee Swamp---another tale--living in Savannah---very familiar with 'What Goes On'--in most parts of Georgia---how we have managed to survive is nothing short of a miracle---the 'Citizens' do know how to hold the Leaders Accountable--full time JOB--but somehow we have managed since 1732...

sls

****Visited Commerce/Toccoa area---good place to live--ready to Grow and Grow--if you have a 'Dime'---buy in that area now.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:53 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimster View Post
Try Google maps - maps.google.com. From that map, it looks like the neighborhood is just east of 'downtown' Tucker, close to railroad tracks and near some commercial warehouses. I live in the Henderson Park area and the neighborhoods are excellent there. Tucker is considered "up and coming" so any new construction there should do well in terms of property value. Try the satellite view from Google maps or Ask.com maps.

The commercial warehouses you mentioned are part of Royal Atlanta Business Park. I think it's a good thing Royal Atlanta is there. If the tousands of acres it sits on were occupied by residential properties the traffic around there would be horrendous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta