Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times

Advertisements

Actually, you might want to exit MARTA at the "Peachtree Center" station. It's an extra block or two to the Aquarium from there, but not that far. Plus, it's an underground station that was carved out of solid granite, and is very unique looking - something a young kid would really enjoy seeing.

Google photo links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 06:22 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,245,233 times
I have to print these posts, you guys ROCK! Thank you I'm so excited!!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:49 AM

OK, I am confused! Eeek! 5 points, north lines, east line.....Ack!

Ok, what is the name of the stop at the Aquarium, and can I take that train to Perimeter Mall (Dunwoody station), and do I have to change trains.

Can someone give me exact directions (on laymen terms HA!) from the Georgia Aquarium to Perimeter Mall?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,891,695 times
AJ1972, I think some of your questions could best be cleared up by visiting the MARTA website: MARTA > Schedules And Maps > Rail Schedules or Route

Old 09-25-2009, 09:36 AM

697 posts, read 3,021,331 times
I actually agree with the suggestion to get on the train at Peachtree Center station -- it's nearly as close to the Aquarium as the Dome/Omni/GWCC station, and you won't have to change trains. From the Aquarium, cut across Centennial Olympic Park to Andrew Young International Blvd, turn left and continue to Peachtree Street, and turn right down Peachtree. You'll see the entrances to Peachtree Center MARTA station on either side of the street. Enter the station (from either side), and follow the signs. Perimeter Center has a single platform between the two tracks -- the train you want will be on the Northbound side. Here's a Google map of your path: Georgia Aquarium to Peachtree Center station - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/yek9fs9 - broken link)

To get to Perimeter Center, you'll need to take the North line train, not the Northeast line (the trains alternate). The North line trains will say "North Springs" on each car. Get on the next North train that comes along, and stay on it to the Dunwoody station. Follow the signs for Perimeter Center Mall. Once you exit the station you'll be on the opposite side of the mall from the Cheesecake Factory. Walk around or through the mall.

If you realize that you've boarded the Northeast Line (Doraville) train by mistake, don't worry. If you haven't passed Lindbergh station yet, just get off at the next station and wait for the next North line (North Springs) train. If you have passed Lindbergh, get off at the next station, cross over to the opposite (southbound) platform (if necessary -- some stations have a central platform that serves both directions, like Peachtree Center and Lindbergh, while others have both tracks in the middle with a separate platform for north- and southbound trains on either side). Take the southbound train back to Lindbergh station, get off, and wait for the next North line (North Springs) train.

Let us know if you still have questions.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
AJ1972, I think some of your questions could best be cleared up by visiting the MARTA website: MARTA > Schedules And Maps > Rail Schedules or Route
This was honestly confusing as I've never been to ATL (except plane switching), don't know any streets, or where anything is located from any station. Ha!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:54 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Don't worry, AJ1972. Between now and your visit, you'll be able to move around here like a local! Just keep asking away. Most of us enjoy helping out of towners get their bearings.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
OK, I am confused! Eeek! 5 points, north lines, east line.....Ack!

Ok, what is the name of the stop at the Aquarium, and can I take that train to Perimeter Mall (Dunwoody station), and do I have to change trains.

Can someone give me exact directions (on laymen terms HA!) from the Georgia Aquarium to Perimeter Mall?

Its really easy and there is no need to change trains at all.

From Perimeter all you need to do is take the southbound train. Get off at the Peachtree Center station. There is really no reason to all the way to Five Points. There are Atlanta Ambassadors on the streets (the guys in blue and white with the funny hats) if you need directions to aquarium once you get to the street level.

On the return trip look for the North Springs train which goes to the Dunwoody station. The other northbound train will say Doraville.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM

You are awesome!!!!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackensack View Post
I actually agree with the suggestion to get on the train at Peachtree Center station -- it's nearly as close to the Aquarium as the Dome/Omni/GWCC station, and you won't have to change trains. From the Aquarium, cut across Centennial Olympic Park to Andrew Young International Blvd, turn left and continue to Peachtree Street, and turn right down Peachtree. You'll see the entrances to Peachtree Center MARTA station on either side of the street. Enter the station (from either side), and follow the signs. Perimeter Center has a single platform between the two tracks -- the train you want will be on the Northbound side. Here's a Google map of your path: Georgia Aquarium to Peachtree Center station - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/yek9fs9 - broken link)

To get to Perimeter Center, you'll need to take the North line train, not the Northeast line (the trains alternate). The North line trains will say "North Springs" on each car. Get on the next North train that comes along, and stay on it to the Dunwoody station. Follow the signs for Perimeter Center Mall. Once you exit the station you'll be on the opposite side of the mall from the Cheesecake Factory. Walk around or through the mall.

If you realize that you've boarded the Northeast Line (Doraville) train by mistake, don't worry. If you haven't passed Lindbergh station yet, just get off at the next station and wait for the next North line (North Springs) train. If you have passed Lindbergh, get off at the next station, cross over to the opposite (southbound) platform (if necessary -- some stations have a central platform that serves both directions, like Peachtree Center and Lindbergh, while others have both tracks in the middle with a separate platform for north- and southbound trains on either side). Take the southbound train back to Lindbergh station, get off, and wait for the next North line (North Springs) train.

Let us know if you still have questions.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:36 AM

173 posts, read 471,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackensack View Post
I actually agree with the suggestion to get on the train at Peachtree Center station -- it's nearly as close to the Aquarium as the Dome/Omni/GWCC station, and you won't have to change trains.
Makes sense. I only suggested GWCC Station because OP is not from here, and might enjoy walking by CNN Center and through Centennial Olympic Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta