Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM

16 posts, read 48,572 times

Advertisements

I have lots of females that work in my office. They seem to be married, with children and discontent with their lives.

I am 28 years old, my man works with me, I have a two story house and two new cars. I have no children or no pets. I travel a lot as I am not from Georgia and I am of Latin decent.

I have noticed that the woman that I work with are all so very envious of my life. I am so tired of their smart remarks and rolled eyes that they give me everytime I mention that I have gone shopping or bought something new and expensive.

I am sorry but I do not have children to spend on, so I spend on myself with my boyfriend. Why do woman have to hate on other woman? I've also noticed that it's against my decendance as well. Just because I am hispanic, they hate! I speak both languages well and I respect the ideals of other people. I just can't seem to understand or even comprehend why woman here cannot accept Hispanic, hard-working and intelligent woman as myself to be their co-workers?! I am just so sick of people haters!

My philosophy is, if you are jealous of other people's things (meaning, their house, car, job, education, relationships, valuables, etc.) why not be like them? It's better to be a copycat, then a lazy-a$$ with no aspirations and envy for other people. God, if you hate your life so much, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Can I get an AMEN up in here?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,489 times
rotflmao

Old 03-17-2009, 05:46 PM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
if you really care what others think, then do something about it. bring in some donuts for the office once in a while.

when i did odd jobs in construction, we would always talk about jealously about the owners or clients with big budgets. now that i'm making more than i need, i have a major basement renovation and i treat my subcontractors right. i make sure they have donuts and coffee in the mornings. sometimes i order pizza for them. i treat them like friends and chat about their families.

i know what it's like to be the object of jealously, but how you treat others makes a bigger difference on their attitudes towards you.

-a|ex

Old 03-17-2009, 06:04 PM

293 posts, read 1,107,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_atl View Post
I have lots of females that work in my office. They seem to be married, with children and discontent with their lives.

I am 28 years old, my man works with me, I have a two story house and two new cars. I have no children or no pets. I travel a lot as I am not from Georgia and I am of Latin decent.

I have noticed that the woman that I work with are all so very envious of my life. I am so tired of their smart remarks and rolled eyes that they give me everytime I mention that I have gone shopping or bought something new and expensive.

I am sorry but I do not have children to spend on, so I spend on myself with my boyfriend. Why do woman have to hate on other woman? I've also noticed that it's against my decendance as well. Just because I am hispanic, they hate! I speak both languages well and I respect the ideals of other people. I just can't seem to understand or even comprehend why woman here cannot accept Hispanic, hard-working and intelligent woman as myself to be their co-workers?! I am just so sick of people haters!

My philosophy is, if you are jealous of other people's things (meaning, their house, car, job, education, relationships, valuables, etc.) why not be like them? It's better to be a copycat, then a lazy-a$$ with no aspirations and envy for other people. God, if you hate your life so much, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Can I get an AMEN up in here?!
Not sure what this has to do with Atlanta in general, but, I couldn't help but respond.

I have two words; Who cares what other people think? I wouldn't mention one thing about what I've bought, done, or gone. I am also single with no kids and am doing quite well for myself to be 30. I am sure there are some "haters" at my job. But, I don't even give them the energy to even THINK that I THINK they are hating on me. I guess once you hit 30, you just stop wasting energy on who's hating on you or what not. Just do you, keep a low profile, don't say s^%t about what you've bought or where you've gone, and life will be alright.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:11 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
May I politely point out a few things.
Every paragraph in your post you repeat your monetary status.
Is this any indication of your conversation with others? Good listeners talk 10% and listen 90%!
It would seem to me that your income level is oblivious since you listed your assets. No need to remind others unless you are somewhat insecure. Good luck!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 PM

57 posts, read 241,090 times
To reply would be to feed the troll.

I'll refrain.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Is this any indication of your conversation with others? Good listeners talk 10% and listen 90%!
It would seem to me that your income level is oblivious since you listed your assets. No need to remind others unless you are somewhat insecure. Good luck!
Seems like the OP talks about her possessions as if they were HER children. I doubt the gals in the office are jealous, just bored to death by the boasting.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 PM

706 posts, read 3,764,799 times
Quote:

Rolling their eyes when you tell them you've gone shopping or bought something new and expensive means two things - you're boring them and they don't care.

(An accomplished woman like you? I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out.)

Sometimes when people don't like someone, it's not because they're jealous or unhappy or anything that deep. Sometimes it's simply because the person is not likeable.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
Not sure what this has to do with Atlanta in general, but, I couldn't help but respond.

I have two words; Who cares what other people think? I wouldn't mention one thing about what I've bought, done, or gone. I am also single with no kids and am doing quite well for myself to be 30. I am sure there are some "haters" at my job. But, I don't even give them the energy to even THINK that I THINK they are hating on me. I guess once you hit 30, you just stop wasting energy on who's hating on you or what not. Just do you, keep a low profile, don't say s^%t about what you've bought or where you've gone, and life will be alright.
Good points. However, I dont believe people go to work to compare cars, and what they bought. Get your ass and work. Of course, there are times when co-workers chit chat and talk about some aspects of their lives, but stop chit chatting, and get to work.
Not aimed at you Sweet Atlanta Peach. I agree with you, but the OP needs to realize this is not High School, but a working, "professional" environment. Not who has what, and lives how. That's none of my business. Keep your stories to yourselves. The OP sounds vain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
That's what I picked up. Good points too. Vain person.
To the OP on this one:
Keep your business to yourself. The world does not care what you have. No need to advertise what you have. Really, it's tacky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Seems like the OP talks about her possessions as if they were HER children. I doubt the gals in the office are jealous, just bored to death by the boasting.
AMEN! People are tired of hearing the OP talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
Rolling their eyes when you tell them you've gone shopping or bought something new and expensive means two things - you're boring them and they don't care.

(An accomplished woman like you? I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out.)

Sometimes when people don't like someone, it's not because they're jealous or unhappy or anything that deep. Sometimes it's simply because the person is not likeable.
That's what I got. Talking all day about things people dont want to hear about.
To the OP: Ask yourself this: Do the other ladies at work behave towards one another the way they do with you?
Time to grow up. I bet you everyone is ok that you're childless, and could really care less about whatever car you and your boyfriend have. No one cares. They're obviously not like you, dont value what you seem to value and Thank God for that.

(By the way, since the time you bought your cars, they are no longer new. They're used. ) So nothing new stays that way for long. You are making the same impression on us that may have with them. I am starting to feel blessed that I don't work with you.
I dont think that I'm alone on this either.
No disrespect meant, but you're nearing 30.
(The whole "Look everyone, I have new clothes mentality should have been over since Jr. High)

I hope I did not come out as rude, but materialism does not make the person. Time to understand that.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:14 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,493,426 times
Quote:

why are you telling them that you bought something new. its none of their business

EX) If you come come back from a vacation and they ask where say "i went to nyc, saw the statue of liberty, times square , visited a old friend, etc."

DONT tell them about your 1,000 shopping spree at Neiman Marcus for a purse and a pair of jeans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: