Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,552,859 times

Advertisements

And I'm not talking about selling information. Most of the information they gave me on the application(including the W-2), I can only assume is fake or invalid by now. I'm talking about reporting the new numbers they called me from.

Because as my mom puts it, "they probably didn't change their mailing address because they want their check but not the bills following them."

Also noah, it's hard to move on from something if they call you 3 months after eviction. It's like a stalker that calls and threatens to show up at your house. Just ask a woman how that feels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,251,816 times
Java, while I don't know the full circumstances of what went on .. that being said, really, these people are no longer your concern. You did legally what was needed. If they call again, tell them that any mail not addressed specifically to the current tenant has and will be returned to the post office marked "return to sender, no longer at this address". Then end the phone call. If the calls continue have the phone company block any incoming phone calls from that number.

If they show up to the property, wouldn't you have the right to site them for trespasssing and therefore call the police? If the behavior continues have a restraining order placed on them.

DO NOT get into a pissing contest with them because you're angry. Sometimes people like to push others buttons waiting for them to do something so that they can use it in a lawsuit. You need to remain professional and detached. Emotions cannot come into this - that's how things end badly.

I realize you're angry and aggravated, but you must think about this logically .. they may very well be trying to bait you into something in order to force a lawsuit against you.

If you need to, consult your attorney and heed his/her advice.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,251,816 times
Oh, and one other thing. Be VERY careful what information you give out regarding them or their personal financial situation - you could be looking at slander lawsuit for speaking defamities or a libel lawsuit by writing about them in a malicious manner.

Be very, very careful.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Back in June I had some deadbeat tenants I didn't do a background check for. The eviction process took until August. This was settled in mediation and I hoped o never hear form them again.

But, the 1st for this month and this morning they have called me. And they left a voicemail message about a check form UPs they were supposed to get. Keep in mind I evicted them in August.

I suspect they may have not changed their address completely and let their debts go to the rental.

Now they are talking about coming over to my mom's house about the "UPS check".
First, UPS gives tracking numbers. SO if they are missing a package they should contact UPS and harrass them until they find it.
Second, you as the owner of the property should return all if any mail to sender.

Is there any way I can summon debt collectors? Please. For Dekalb Medical, Grady, Comcast, and possibly any hospital in 30030 or 30032. Because I know they owe over 20,000 in medical debts. I need them.

Or is there any way I can give them the new numbers for these people? I am tired of being called by them 3 months after I evicted them. I don't want to have to change my phone number for this.

I feel that it is wrong these people are using my rental for a mailing address for so long, but dodging debt wherever it comes from. And now they want to call me out of the blue. What does a debt collector have to do with this story? I am sure debt collectors are already calling and requesting money from them. So why would you think calling a debt collector will help your situtation? The only way you can see who their debt collectors are and know how much debt they have is by opening their mail which is a Federal Crime so I would advise you to leave well enough alone and just have their mail returned to sender.
YOu as a landlord should know how to handle these problems a little better than trying these childish antics. It wont solve anything AT ALL. Why do they have your mother's address? If they come and cause a problem CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me that this a joke and not a real person with a real problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta