Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM

48 posts, read 145,396 times

Advertisements

I'll be attending for the first time this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it! Is there anything I should know, like what time I should be there, where to sit, how crazy does it get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
"Battle of the bands" is saying the band is paying to play. I'd probably skip that event.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:11 PM

48 posts, read 145,396 times
I guess I described it incorrectly! It's the Honda Battle of the Bands for the HBCU, you know, like the end of the movie Drumline, only I'm hoping better!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRLPS View Post
I'll be attending for the first time this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it! Is there anything I should know, like what time I should be there, where to sit, how crazy does it get?
Are you staying in town or coming in the day of the show? That'll make a big difference as to when and how you should get there. In general, taking the train is the best idea since it stops right underneath the Dome.

As for the Battle itself, the buzz I've been hearing is not that great. No one is excited it seems. That's pretty odd since SU is showing up this year...or maybe not since their show will probably be: come out of the hole - drill - drill - dolls - scramble - dance - come off the field.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:19 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,706 times
Well Its ok its the best battle of tha band show Ive scene far as HBCU schools is concern. My school isnt in it this year BCC wildcats but I like Southern and FAMU. Ludacris is performing so we will see

Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Well Its ok its the best battle of tha band show Ive scene far as HBCU schools is concern. My school isnt in it this year BCC wildcats but I like Southern and FAMU. Ludacris is performing so we will see
I would have liked to see NSU or BCU rather than Fam (talk about overrated! ). Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year. I'm boycotting honda until the 'House makes it in again.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:17 PM

562 posts, read 1,127,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRLPS View Post
Doors open at 1:30, event starts at 3 on Saturday. They usually begin by having all 8 bands jointly play a couple of songs before the individual performances begin. The bands alternate playing to opposite sides of the dome.

Here is the order of performance:

Order of band performance:
1. Clark Atlanta University: Facing Away
2. Virginia State University: Facing Press Box / Tunnel E
3. North Carolina Central: Facing Away
4. Prairie View A&M: Facing Press Box / Tunnel E
5. Southern University: Facing Away
6. Albany State: Facing Press Box / Tunnel E
7. Tuskegee University: Facing Away
8. Florida A&M: Facing Press Box / Tunnel E

Old 01-29-2010, 01:40 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I would have liked to see NSU or BCU rather than Fam (talk about overrated! ). Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year. I'm boycotting honda until the 'House makes it in again.
I know it's somewhat off topic (still HBCU) But I was at the CAU vs MH game last night talk about a barn-burner! MH got em by 1 in overtime 76-75. The bands were rockin, crowd was crazy and the atmopshere just like when I was in school from 98-02(It was really cool when Morris Brown was in the mix too)... and the women...hmm hmm good on both sides as usual. I was almost ready to re-enroll for another semester. I can see why Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Marvin Williams from the Hawks were in attendance. CAU is in the top 25 for College Basketball Div II rankings this year...only lost one game.

ESPNU or TVONE or a local station definitely needs to start televising this game. Speaking of the SIAC why can't that conference have the same type of Championship like the CIAA in Charlotte? I mean Atlanta is a bigger and better city that offers more entertainment offerings and the schools in the SIAC should be able to pull huge crowds to Atlanta since thye have large alumni bases here (Tuskegee, Morehouse, Clark Atlanta, Spelman, FVSU, Albany State, Savannah State) just to name a few so I dont see why It cant be done.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,712,763 times
atlantafinest, don't try and use yo alumni status for why you're still on campus these days....Suuuree...support lol...You're just like everyone else..checking out the sistas lol

I"m sure your evening strolls bring you to the campus..

I'll be there tomorrow for my first Battle of the Bands...it should be interesting.

I noticed yesterday after I left school that the shopping center looks pretty much abandoned since Publix has left. *smh*

Last edited by PKCorey; 01-29-2010 at 05:43 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,406,418 times
Southern is actually gonna show? Thry usually turn down botb's that they arent hosting. I went last year and the dome sold out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta