Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 AM

3 posts, read 7,288 times

Advertisements

We may be moving to Atlanta and John's Creek is and interest of ours. Jobs for us will be in Duluth and are looking for a new construction MPC. We have school age children and looking for decent schools. I found an area called The Gates at John's Creek. Anyone know about this area and can comment on it?

I read schools everywhere are not the best ...are there charter schools or close private school to research? Any help would be great. Thanks! [LEFT]

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 11:01 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
The Gates at Johns Creek is a development by McCar Homes (now in bankruptcy or dissolved).
If memory serves, it was started around the first part of 2007 and is finished(?). There maybe some resales. It's a good location (141 & McGinnis Fry Rd.) Fulton Co. side of McGinnis Fry.
The school district is Northview. All the schools in the north Fulton area are top rated. There are several private and faith based schools in the area also. There's plenty of shopping/restaurants right at the major intersection.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,317,437 times
(I posted this originally in OP's other post / in another thread. Just noticed that OP started a new thread based on a suggestion in that thread.)

Johns Creek (North Fulton county) schools are truly top notch. You dont have to worry about that at all.

Gates at Johns Creek -- northernmost part of Johns Creek. Unless I couldn't care less about access to Atlanta even for weekends, I would try to live further south. I always recommend staying as close to State Bridge Rd as possible. The Gates at JC (at this point) is just townhouses + houses. Is anything else planned? Plus MPC in the Atlanta suburbs (while I am a big fan of smart growth) seems a little out of place. I would suggest a regular housing subdivision in a better location (further south).

Just my 2 cents... your priorities may be different...

Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 7,288 times
From GA - what are names of subdivision in the further south? Closer to State Bridge. We would like new construction. Does John's Creek have pools, walking trails and family activities? That is what I ment by Master Planned. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:01 PM

Swimming pools / tennis / clubhouse are common in this area, doesn't have to be The Gates ...
Sicdewalks are available in less than 50% subdivisions.

It is easy to find housing in 1995+ timeframe. Not sure where you are coming from, and what you mean by new, but I wonder if there is a significant advantage to buying brand new vs. 2000 construction.

I would suggest you try to live closer to this location. On mapquest:
Medlock Bridge Rd & State Bridge Rd,
Duluth, GA 30097

Medlock Bridge subdivision is pretty close to above intersection.

Also, the general area around following address in mapquest is pretty close to above intersection, and has several subdivisions:
[5300-5399] Skidaway Dr
Alpharetta, GA 30022
(this is actually Johns Creek. Probably postal is Alpharetta).
Dont have names. One is Cameron Forest, but there are some newer than this.

If you definitely need brand new, some communities (all have houses and townhouses):
Abberley Towneship (intersection of State Bridge Rd and Jonees Bridge Rd).
Your above mentioned Gates at Johns Creek
Johns Creek Walk (Probably the only one MPC that includes shopping. But several shops closed in this MPC)

Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 PM

Regarding previous post:

Parts of Duluth, GA 30097.
Parts of Alpharetta, GA 30022
refers to Johns Creek (Johns Creek is a new city, and several addresses still use Duluth and Alpharetta)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: