Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomrwest View Post
I also feel the attitude displayed by Atlantan suburbanites is hateful, arrogant, and downright racist.
OK...and how exactly do you back up your absurd statement? You accuse people you don't know of arrogance, hate, and racism. I can assure you that I don't hate nor am I a racist, so if you want to label me arrogant, I'll cop a plea to that one.

It's frankly folks like you who have no clue that are the problem. You claim to respect others and favor diversity, yet you label and stereotype people you don't know with vicious vitriolic language. I've restrained my language so as not to get sanctioned by the mods, but my initial inclination was to invite you to go to a hot place frequented by little guys with horns and pitchforks.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Man, if all us crackers, rednecks, hilbilllies and boss hoggs would just step up and write the check, everything would be hunky-dory in atlanta-ville!
No.

All we asking for is the right for MARTA to access its own money.
Why is that so difficult to understand?

What is going on under the Gold Dome is nothing more than the ususal "let's screw Atlanta" crap. People are now FINALLY reaching the boiling point over it.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:38 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
OK...and how exactly do you back up your absurd statement? You accuse people you don't know of arrogance, hate, and racism. I can assure you that I don't hate nor am I a racist, so if you want to label me arrogant, I'll cop a plea to that one.

It's frankly folks like you who have no clue that are the problem. You claim to respect others and favor diversity, yet you label and stereotype people you don't know with vicious vitriolic language. I've restrained my language so as not to get sanctioned by the mods, but my initial inclination was to invite you to go to a hot place frequented by little guys with horns and pitchforks.
Neil, I have to absolutely agree with you here. I missed that quote, or would have responded in kind.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 PM

128 posts, read 215,295 times
^^^^lol at Neil. Dude calm yourself. This is a online forum, not the U.S. Capitol. I have my opinion and I do believe that Im entitled to it. And to correct you and John, yes Im very familiar with the Atlanta suburban community and the attitude they have toward the expansion of Mass Transit (or any other initiatives that seek to unify the Metro Atlanta Area.)
Im not gonna get into an online mudslinging fest between the two of you. But being an transplant that has been in and around the area for a number of years gives me a great overall perspective on certain issues that affect the Metro as a whole.

Like I said, I was reared near Houston, Texas, and born in Washington D.C.

Two areas that, despite being one is spread over an area comparable to Long Island, and the other divided btween 3 states and 11 LARGE counties, manages to provide outstanding transportation options to move millions everyday. Yes, this in "racist" ole conservative, bush nation, Texas. (Matter of fact, Texas should be commended on their transportation department. One of the nation's finest)

Since Atlanta is marketed nationwide as the "must be city to live in the 21st century (and it is), it deserves a transit and road system that matches the esteem of our great town. And yes, the attitude that I see suburbanites display is very Racist and hateful toward issues that deal with areas south of I20 (mostly black parts of atlanta). No one asked anyone in Cobb or Gwinett to ride Marta or support it....but it would be nice if you Cobbers and Gwinettians didnt clog up Fulton's roads everyday trying to make a dart across town.....a commute that would be better suited for Marta or GRTA.

Its sad that the metro area is aligned against Atlanta proper. Funny thing is, WHEN the economy collapses AGAIN, and gas is scarce, and most of the population of Cobb and Gwinett cant afford their ARM's have to resort to foreclosure, then they will cry and beg for mass transit.

Oh, and Neil, if you were a real man of integrity, and if you had a "clue" as to what the underworld of Earth was like, you would never tell, much less invite another human being to reside there for eternity. So in response to that, God bless you Neil, and every endeavor you pursue in life. May you be blessed coming in, and leaving. And may God keep you in his bosom as long as you live. I think you may need it.

Peace and Love......

Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
How about they wrap the entire MARTA fleet in various ads , that will generate millions $$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta