Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 PM

7 posts, read 34,785 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a family friendly neighborhood with pool, park, activities etc like Christmas parties, picnics, mom's group. We are a family of 5 with 3 small children. I want great schools as well with a decent commute to the airport for my husband's job. We are looking for a single family home with nice piece of property above 1/2 acre with at least 5 bedrooms. A budget of approximately 500K. I have been researching areas online and we like Acworth, Kennesaw, Woodstock, and possibly Douglasville. Any suggestions would behelpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter6868 View Post
I am looking for a family friendly neighborhood with pool, park, activities etc like Christmas parties, picnics, mom's group. We are a family of 5 with 3 small children. I want great schools as well with a decent commute to the airport for my husband's job. We are looking for a single family home with nice piece of property above 1/2 acre with at least 5 bedrooms. A budget of approximately 500K. I have been researching areas online and we like Acworth, Kennesaw, Woodstock, and possibly Douglasville. Any suggestions would behelpful. Thanks.

If you need to be close to the Airport then Peachtree City would fit just what you are looking for. There are other good areas in Henry County. Do NOT look at anything in Clayton- it is just a big ghetto now. Douglasville is nice too but it is a ways away (about 24 miles).

Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,911 times
I would say Peachtree City as well. The airport is South of the city so I think anything like Woodstock, Kennesaw etc. would too might of a nightmare since it is much further North Northwest of the city.

With your budget of 500K too as you stated, you can do better than Clayton County. I would suggest looking in Peachtree City first and see if that meets your needs. Unfortunately, I don't know PTC well enough too list specific neighborhoods. Maybe some other members can.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:48 PM

16,689 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter6868 View Post
I suggest you look in:

1. Fayette County (Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Tyrone)

2. Coweta County (Newnan, Sharpsburg)

3. Henry County (McDonough, Locust Grove)

4. Douglas County (Chapel Hill, Mirror Lake)

5. Southern Cobb County (Smyrna/Mableton/Vinings)

*You will find exactly what you are looking for in many, many subdivisions in the aforementioned areas. All of the areas offer a good/great commute to the airport.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM

744 posts, read 2,481,591 times
Two areas in Peachtree City that I know are family friendly are Planterra Ridge and Kedron Hills. Both communities have lots of families with kids , swim teams etc. Kedron Hills always seems to have stuff on the calendar board and the familes I know that live there have found it to be a friendly community.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:30 PM

950 posts, read 3,190,623 times
What about the Camp Creek area of SW part of Atlanta/East Point? It seems like a very nice area considering how so close it is to the airport and big shopping centers like the Camp Creek MarketPlace.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,586 times
Welcome to The Lakes (http://www.thelakesatcedargrove.com/availablehomes.htm - broken link) Fairburn

Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM

16,689 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
What about the Camp Creek area of SW part of Atlanta/East Point? It seems like a very nice area considering how so close it is to the airport and big shopping centers like the Camp Creek MarketPlace.
Yes. South Fulton is also a great choice considering the OP's criteria.

Look into Walden Park and the various "Regency" subdivisions built by John Wieland Homes.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:28 PM

97 posts, read 241,804 times
If considering the Camp Creek area, look at the Le Jardin subdivision. This was originally designed to hold homes that most people can't afford. With the housing bubble bursting wide open, I've heard of people getting really... REALLY good deals in there.

When you drive up to the subdivision, it is like you are entering your own private city. BUT, it's still close to shopping, dining and the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta