Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:50 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times

Advertisements

Public Transit in Augusta is very minimal.. even if you live downtown you will need a car just to buy groceries. Athens has a much better public transit system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 02:44 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
Could be worse, Marta in Atlanta doesn't even cover the whole city, let alone the suburbs.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:47 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
MARTA is not perfect by any means.. but it is far better than Augusta Public Transit..which doesn't even have service on Sundays. It is possible to live in Atlanta without a car... albeit very difficult...but it would be impossible in Augusta, unless you had a friend or relative with a car to take you to the places you would need to go.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:51 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
And Augusta is not exactly 5,000,000 people either. I can get to my job in less than 10 minutes in Augusta, when I lived in the Atlanta area, it took me almost 2 hours each way (because the transit was so bad) Not to mention, the trains smell like urine and when I did ride them, I almost always had someone try to bum change off me.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM

17 posts, read 22,542 times
Default Top places in Augusta

West Augusta, Downtown, Aiken, Evans, North Augusta, Martinez, Hephzibah, Grovetown, South Augusta, Thomson, Lincolnton, McCormick, and there's plenty of other areas in metro augusta.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:30 PM

215 posts, read 601,492 times
If you live downtown you can walk to most things.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:40 PM

250 posts, read 610,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrat View Post
If you live downtown you can walk to most things.
Im sure in the next year or so. You will be able to walk to alot more things while downtown. With the whites building and other residential areas opening up downtown. And all the new projects plan. More amenities in walking distace will follow.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM

3 posts, read 8,103 times
Default you got that right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaTruth View Post
The area around Spaghetti junction In Atlanta at I85 and I285 aint exactly paradise.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 8,103 times
You got that right!!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,318 times
Talking Moving from Houston to Augusta, GA area

Hello everyone!!! Need a little help also. I have been reading the posts concerning the area and need some help on where to live that would suit my family. My family and I will be moving to the area in about a month and a half. I am transferring from the Houston VA to Augusta VA. I am really excited and want to continue to live in a diverse area. I am Black and my husband is Hispanic and we have a wonderfully blended family from our first marriages. We are both educated and live in an affluent area in Houston, which is diverse and want to do the same in the Georgia area. We are looking to rent since we will be leasing our home when we leave Houston. We are non- denominational and looking for a great church that we can go to every Sunday.
We are looking for a great area to live, great schools and a community that will welcome us. We want everyone on the forum to be as truthful to us as possible.
It was suggested that we live in Columbia County or SC. Is there anywhere in Augusta that is nice where we could rent? Please help us. we are counting on you all for some info.....

If you happen to meet this Texas gal at the VA and I happen to say y'all, it's cuz I'm still a Texan at heart!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area