Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:44 PM

383 posts, read 723,567 times

Advertisements

Augusta / CSRA Gets National Recognition in 2007

Augusta was rated 19th out of 150 metropolitan areas by Forbes Magazine as the best in the cost of doing business, which includes price of labor, energy, taxes, and office space.

In Expansion Magazine, Augusta MSA was ranked 36 out of 362 hottest cities for manufacturing expansions and relocations.

Augusta was chosen among the top ten places in the south with plenty of talented labor.*

Augusta's new Southern Business and Development Corporate Park has been voted one of the top ten New Super Sites in the South.*

Evans, Georgia was voted number 32 of the top 100 places to live in the U.S. by CNN's Money Magazine based on education, environment, housing affordability, taxes, commute times and job market.

Aiken, South Carolina was voted 3rd best small market in the south for business potential and quality of life.*

Embracing the Vision News and Events - Augusta, GA (http://www.wjbf.com/midatlantic/jbf/community/etv/etv_news.html - broken link)

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-17-2008 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,188,225 times
Congratulations!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 07:04 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,037,446 times
I think you posted this propoganda before a few a cpl of months back.. when I did a fact check most of it was found to be untrue.. Yes, one year Evans was listed by Money Magazine as #32.. but that ranking in a few years old.. and the following year, it dissapeared from the list alltogether.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:11 PM

334 posts, read 1,372,043 times
I visited Augusta last summer. The riverwalk and broad st. were great, other than that I wasn't too impressed.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 PM

You said the part about evans is true. But the rest of them are false. All of them are in the same article with the link. Im think you just don't like augusta. So you want to give your negative opinions. It was from march 7 2007 so how can be years old. That was only 10 months ago. Are you saying the news station wjbf is provided false information. Brent85 you visited last summer its 2008 now. Alot more construction in augusta has taken place. 200 condos are going up on reynolds st. right next to the riverwalk. And yes the riverwalk is very nice already. Also broad st. is adding 80 condos this year. And alot of resturants, lofts, and businesses are opening up on broad. Downtown will have 2 10 story condos and 3 story office mix-used building. The train depot will be turned into starbucks,a resturant, kinkos, and more. All of reynolds st. going up in the next few months.

This project is apart of the embracing the vision.. Downtown augusta is predicted to boom. Because of this project going up. I know its beautiful

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-17-2008 at 08:17 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM

12 posts, read 65,038 times
Johndoeboy - that is a dated article, but it is worth shining a light on it because people continually get showered with doom-and-gloom articles from hacks in the national media. In fact, just 3 days after that article was published on wjbf.com, I published this one about the fact that Augusta is the most affordable market in the US.

No one really wants to publish GOOD news, do they? Of course not. No one reads it.

Now, I know anyone can point a finger at me and say I am biased, because I live in Augusta, and am a Realtor. But the articles you and I cite above both quote actual DATA, not some randomly picked person with an opinion.

I get tickled every time we get close to a national election. Have you noticed how the media starts harping on an impending recession, and the candidates start to roll out their 'economic stimulus plans' ? Call me skeptical, but I usually think of these as thinly disguised ways to buy millions of votes with billions of dollars of taxpayer money. It really is revolting.

Anyway...back on topic. Following the link on wjbf, it leads you to this other article (broken link): "Aiken/Edgefield has ranked among the top three small [business] markets in the South for five of the last ten years, according to Southern Business & Development magazine."

I dunno. I suppose everyone has to reach their own conclusions about Augusta. I for one am very positive and am doing everything I can to promote the area. I think it's a wonderful place to live and am proud to call it home.

Lydia Ann Taylor, Realtor & Broker
www.NorthoftheSavannah.com

Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Thank you lydia anybody will see augusta is growing. When they come and visit the city. I can even add this to the already great recognition augusta recieved in 2007.

Martinez, Ga a unincorporated part of columbia county. Its a bedroom community of Augusta. Only atlanta and augusta are mentioned. In best places to live in 2007.

Top three areas in GA

Suwanee, GA
Top 100 rank: 10
Population: 11,200

Peachtree City, GA
Top 100 rank: 64
Population: 36,700

Martinez, GA
Top 100 rank: 76
Population: 30,900

MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2007: Georgia

Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,037,446 times
It's not just a dated article.. but most of the information is incorrect or just downright misleading.
Joedoeboy posted this same thing over a month ago.. I researched the actual rankings that Forbes and the other sites compiled.. and Augusta did not rank where this local "Embracing the vision" website said it did. Augusta didn't fair badly.. but it was ranked on midway on most of the lists.. around #150 out of 300.. Also, JohnDoeboy fails to mention that on most of these lists.. Atlanta, Savannah, Athens, and Columbus ranks above Augusta... but he portrays it as though Augusta is the top ranking in the state.
Here is the previous discussion with the real numbers included... using the links that Johndoeboy provided.. you will see for yourself they don't match up.
//www.city-data.com/forum/georg...ml#post2216277
I have no problem with ppl posting positive news stories about their communities.. but Johndoeboy, as usual, distorts the facts..

Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Do you think people are going to believe a creditible news source. Or you i think the news source will win out. I distorted the facts how when the the link is provided from march 7 2007. How is the information incorrect or misleading when the link in my original post is provided above. Even lydia taylor said what i provided is fact and not someone's negative opinion like your's. And as you can see on the link you provided i said the same facts. It got all those between 2005 and 2007. And as you can see you gave said the same thing about richmond county population like 30 times before. Metro augusta and richmond county gained people in 2007 and 2006. WOW AUGUSTA IS BOOMING

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-17-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area