Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:11 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,628 times

Advertisements

According to this site there's only 37000 sq foot available for leasing. Not much room for a large grocery store plus several other businesses.

https://www.collettre.com/properties...evans-ga-30809
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 12:29 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,163,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
According to this site there's only 37000 sq foot available for leasing. Not much room for a large grocery store plus several other businesses.

https://www.collettre.com/properties...evans-ga-30809
If only 37,000 sf left, that pretty much rules on any type of specialty grocer. At this point it will be smaller retailers such as J Crew, Vineyard Vines and Nordstrom Rack.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:41 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
If only 37,000 sf left, that pretty much rules on any type of specialty grocer. At this point it will be smaller retailers such as J Crew, Vineyard Vines and Nordstrom Rack.
I would be shocked if J Crew and Nordstrom Rack opened here. I don't see many developers willing to build stores not presently in the market outside Richmond County yet.

Evans has the only Kohl's and Academy Sports, but J Crew and Nordstrom is a big step up. The redevelopment of the Aiken Mall or Flowing Wells Circle(half in Martinez) probably has a better chance.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I would be shocked if J Crew and Nordstrom Rack opened here. I don't see many developers willing to build stores not presently in the market outside Richmond County yet.

Evans has the only Kohl's and Academy Sports, but J Crew and Nordstrom is a big step up. The redevelopment of the Aiken Mall or Flowing Wells Circle(half in Martinez) probably has a better chance.
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch Nort. Evans has some of the highest HH income numbers in the area. Any retailer would love to be in that part of the market. Also, Mr Mullins has stated numerous times he wants to bring new retailers to the market and make phase II a destination shopping center for the area. Also have you heard anything about plans for more retail at VOR?

Old 12-29-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch Nort. Evans has some of the highest HH income numbers in the area. Any retailer would love to be in that part of the market. Also, Mr Mullins has stated numerous times he wants to bring new retailers to the market and make phase II a destination shopping center for the area. Also have you heard anything about plans for more retail at VOR?
Evans has had some of the highest HH income in the area for years now... The majority of upscale shops in metro Atlanta didn't pick East Cobb or Gwinnett to build their first location over somewhere in Fulton..

Yes, the VAR is suppose to have an major announcement in 2017.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Evans has had some of the highest HH income in the area for years now... The majority of upscale shops in metro Atlanta don't pick East Cobb or Gwinnett to build their first location over somewhere in Fulton..
I just don't see retailers like J. Crew and others opening in Richmond unless Augusta Mall expanded again or a major retail project is announced for the Village at Riverwatch site. For a county its size, Columbia is severely under retailed. A project like this with an anchor tenant like Belk will attract the upscale stores. Plus you have the county pursuing the Plaza at Evans Town Center right down the street from this project and the county is also pursuing upscale tenants for that.

That's interesting that VAR is suppose to have an announcement next year. Maybe the third time will be the charm when it comes to launching a retail project there. I know the upscale apartments were suppose to break ground this fall. Have you heard any rumors about possible tenants or how big the project will be?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I just don't see retailers like J. Crew and others opening in Richmond unless Augusta Mall expanded again or a major retail project is announced for the Village at Riverwatch site. For a county its size, Columbia is severely under retailed. A project like this with an anchor tenant like Belk will attract the upscale stores. Plus you have the county pursuing the Plaza at Evans Town Center right down the street from this project and the county is also pursuing upscale tenants for that.
They may want to attract upscale tenants, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen. Look at Mullins Crossing phase 1 and Evans Town Park for examples.

So you believe J Crew can open in Mullins Crossing but not in the Augusta Exchange or Flowing Wells Circle?

Washington Crossing is not the Augusta mall or VAR and still attracted Whole Foods, Zoe's Kitchen, Half Moon Outfitters, Jason's Deli, etc.

The Avenue at Fury Ferry is not the Augusta mall or VAR either and was a planned lifestyle center before the recession(site now becoming a 15 acre development). Their was another lifestyle center planned for I-20/Walton Way Extension before the recession, and the developer changed it to mixed-use. The apartments are open and 10 acres of the site are still zoned for commercial use.

The Augusta mall and VAR aren't the only two sites in Richmond County.

Last edited by nortonguy; 12-29-2016 at 01:27 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 01:52 PM

Again I just done see retailers like J.Crew or Vineyard Vines opening at the Augusta Exchange or Flowing Wells Circle. I could see them opening at the planned retail center on Riverwatch though. I didn't mean to say that retailers of that caliber wouldn't open in Richmond County. The county is blessed with its central location in the region and will still be the first point of entry for many new retailers and restaurants into the market, but with the growth and incomes of Columbia County, eventually retailers will want to plant a flag in that county as well.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Again I just done see retailers like J.Crew or Vineyard Vines opening at the Augusta Exchange or Flowing Wells Circle. I could see them opening at the planned retail center on Riverwatch though. I didn't mean to say that retailers of that caliber wouldn't open in Richmond County. The county is blessed with its central location in the region and will still be the first point of entry for many new retailers and restaurants into the market, but with the growth and incomes of Columbia County, eventually retailers will want to plant a flag in that county as well.
Please explain the advantages of Mullins Crossing to attract J. Crew compared to the Augusta Exchange or Flowing Wells Circle? Mullins Crossing(Target, Ross, Marshall's, Kohl's, Petco, etc) is not more upscale than either one.

Mullins Crossing is a smaller version of the Augusta Exchange and will remain much smaller with the additional 100,000 + SF.. The Augusta Exchange is much larger/busier and has a lot more businesses with one location in the market(Ulta, Panda Express, Genghis Grill, Carolina Ale, Twin Peaks, etc). The Hobby Lobby in the Augusta Exchange was suppose to be apart of Mullins Crossing phase 2.

Every single commercial development in Flowing Wells Circle(Gander Mountain, Carmax, Hyatt Place) is new to the market except for the Farmhaus and Jersey Mikes.

Last edited by nortonguy; 12-29-2016 at 04:24 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 PM

I think the advantage of Mullins Crossing is its location in the Evans area. Honestly it doesn't matter to me who gets what first as long as new retailers are coming to the Augusta market. I believe that 2017 will be a banner year for retail projects in the area. I'm looking forward to see what comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area