Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,710 times

Advertisements

All are decent
Iron HOrse is right by the train tracks so it can be noisy (Iron Horse = Train)
Alexander's Place has a good location.. but that street can get backed up with traffic.
I knew someone who lived in Thornberry and she like dit very much.
Make sure to visit all of these aprtments at night as well as during the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,805 times
You really can't go wrong with any of the ATC apartments. How well the management company takes care of its apartments and residents is a big factor in picking a place. Since the ATC apartments are kind of spread out, it comes down to what location works for you.

The trains ARE something to consider at Iron Horse. One section of the complex is very close to the tracks, but the back end of the complex is a good ways away. It can be something like living in the flight path of an airport. After awhile, you don't really hear it anymore. I think one of the bigger pluses of Iron Horse is its location. It's very convenient to either Richmond or Columbia County.

My daughter lived at Iron Horse for a couple of years and I was really impressed with how quiet it is at night. It's very well lit and there's usually a cop or two living in the complex. At the time, she had a couple of friends who lived in the same complex and they'd walk to each other's apartments after dark. She never had any problems, although you need to use caution and common sense no matter where you live if you're out after dark.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:07 PM

6 posts, read 36,243 times
Default Thanks everyone.

I will be working at MCG. Which apartment complex will be preferable location wise. What about Traditions at Augusta?

hanks much.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:27 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,876 times
I used to live at Traditions At Augusta. The apartments are nice, but I didn't really care for the management but they probably have new ones by now as the complex was sold again right before I left. I didn't have any major problems and it's a very convenient location.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:45 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,254 times
I live in Ironhorse and other than the trains (wish they would build a tunnel for them to go under the road on) I like it. Have not had any problem with crime, the price is good, the people seem nice, and it is close to most things.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:31 PM

267 posts, read 725,547 times
There are a few gated aparments on Interstate 520 by the doubletree hotel. Its off of wheeler road.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM

194 posts, read 529,209 times
Alexander road and the aparments on steven creeks are nice one's. The apartments on alexander road would probably be the best though.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM

267 posts, read 725,547 times
The apartments on wheeler road are good too.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 PM

194 posts, read 529,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo2 View Post
The apartments on wheeler road are good too.
The apartments across from Doctor's Hospital off 520. Are very nice and secluded. I think one is called Brandy Pointe

Old 07-10-2010, 01:53 PM

7 posts, read 11,699 times
Hi Joyie,
First, I would like to congratulate you on your move. Being a native North Carolinian (Born in Goldsboro--army brat and moved to Augusta) I know moving can be a tedious and arduous process. We in the CSRA welcome you! I have been a residence in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) most of my childhood and now adult life (50 years). The area has been progressing, which is a good thing. When I migrated back here from Texas, I moved in an apartment complex called, Mark Church Common. I stayed there about 2 years until I found a house. Mark Church Common is in a central location, minutes from Hwy 520-Booby Jones, Doctors Hospital, The YMCA, the Mall and many other stores and restaurants. I didn't have any problems when I stayed there (although I'm 6'3", 240lbs and didn't expect any lol). But for me getting married and having children, my stay at Mark Church would have been longer.
Where and whenever you move, I hope your stay here in the CSRA bring you many good fortunes and where ever you stay, I hope the community embrace you as they have embraced me over my many years.
Again Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: