Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:53 PM

191 posts, read 522,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaTruth View Post
We have been hearing about how Augusta is "about to get its act together" for over 35 years now.. after a while you just ignore it.
DISGUSTA FALSE,Where did you lose your life at,or did you even ever have one.It makes one wonder if you been keeping up with Augusta that long.So somebody peeed in your cornflakes here over 35 years ago and your still PO over it.Get over it dude,life does go on.Don't bash the whole city on this thread because of your personal mishaps here with someone or the local government here.Go ahead now "GET A LIFE"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Why do you keep on bringing me into this carolinapride? The teenagers haven't been downtown in weeks. It's over.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,646,071 times
No offense, but Augusta wants to be a Greenville, SC? LOL, seriously.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
Who's downtown has the Hyatt and Westin? Who's downtown has over 100 restaurants and over 70 shops? Who's city was ranked the 4th best in the country to live in by relocate-america.com? Who's city actually has a Whole Foods Market and Costco?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Who's downtown has the Hyatt and Westin? Who's downtown has over 100 restaurants and over 70 shops? Who's city was ranked the 4th best in the country to live in by relocate-america.com? Who's city actually has a Whole Foods Market and Costco?
Well,here we go again G-Man430.Apparently you aren't satified that two(2) threads on the Greenville forums have been "locked"because of these arguments and city bashing.I personally don't care,and in fact am so happy that they were shut down in part because of me.Again,I am not trying to bash your city by comparing it aganist mine but this is the very reason here that has caused the greenville threads to be closed.Yes,you have all these great amendities going on in Greenville,but it's sad to say that when someone get's severely burned in a fire,Greenville doesn't even have a "burn unit" to treat it's citizens.Instead,they have to be "air lifted and brought to our excellent "burn unit,at MCG Hospital.where did all the "Sugar Refinnery victims from savan have to be sent too.Ofcourse,we welcomed them,there from our state,but it just goes to show you where Greenville's prorities are,yes, the city there is beautiful and has more people in the county alone than we have in the entire Metro area here,yet,inspite of all of that,a burned victim has to be sent here for treatment.,Now that's a damm shame.Another thing,We don't have such paranoid people in out town,supposedly in fear of there lives because of a bunch of teenagers hanging out in our downtown area.We do have them hanging out downtown,at the mall,yes,we do have a large mall here,just amazing,It's it?,and all over town,but it's no big deal here.Police aren't "babysitting"and citizens aren't complaining about it because it's such a "normal" thing. Now,I did keep up with the "What's Going on"thread,which should have been entitled"The Circus In Downtown Greenville"LOL,What a joke.Anyway,there were a number of posts stating that Greenville has suffered some "budgetcuts" and law enforcement is one of those areas where there seems to not be enough police which is why some were complaining about the police "babysitting the teenagers.Now,I would love anyone,who could give me an unbais answer as to why for a city that has so much going for it,is Greenville law enforcement been cut thus compromising the safety of it's citizens,and we already know that compared to Augusta,greenville crime rate is "through the ceiling"Again,that beautiful city,just don't get burned in a fire there or mugged you might not be able to enjoy the beauty of that city anymore Now,no doubt,I could keep going on and on,and G-MAN,experience with me,should have already taught you,that if you want an arguement over making comparisions between your city and mine and you really want to keep on bashing my hometown,that I will have the last word,ALWAYS.The only thing is,I haven't started it but will most definitely finish it with the last word.We should just all agree to disagree on this and just move on.It probably want happen though,because as I stated many times on the "greenville thread last week,there are a bunch of arrogant,stuck up,no good,snoty nose,people in Greenville who are just overly obsessed with their town and WORSHIP It,which by the way is idolity.That is such a shame.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:08 AM

There's one more thing I'd like to add with this whole issue of "City Bashing"Point one(1) You (G-MAN) would not be on this thread at all with any posts if it weren't you intention to insult and discourage other memberes who may be interested in relocating to Augusta from there hometown.You seem to have a "hidden agenda"atleast hidden from otheres,I see it clearly,that you want to discourage anyone from moving here and posts comments in praise of Greenville,so they might consider moving to your city.You don't have to come right out and say it,bvut anyone could read between the lines. Point two(2) If you weren't so obsessed and idolize your city,you would't keep on responding back to my posts in an effort to try and prove something,???????,when there's obviously nothing to prove.I say this,because any comparisions I have made between Augusta and Greenville,which are true,but only made because of the already dergatory comments posted by you and otheres in the "Augusta threads" about my hometown,but I have never gotton on the Greenville threads in an effort to insult and discourage people who might choose to move to your city.As I've said before,I have been to Greenville,several times and it is quite lovly,but far from paradice.Most every place has something special to offer. nNOW TO ALL OTHERES READING THIS POST.iF WHAT i HAVE JUST SAID IS NOT TRUE,THERE WANT BE ANY MORE INSULTS AND CITY BASHING FROM G-MAN430 AND 0OTHERES WHO LIVE IN GREENVILLE.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
It's certainly not the biggest, baddest thing since sliced bread, nor did I imply or say any such thing in this thread. It's a small to barely medium sized, economically beat-down, dingy, sometimes scary city with a few very bright spots. It does have some potential if it would get its act together. Greenville, Savannah, Charleston, and Columbia are all light-years ahead of it.

However, I don't think *your* standard response, which goes a little like this:

Augusta-forum poster:
Augusta is getting a Snozzberry building, that should add 20 Snozz venues a year. Target date is 2009. The Snozzberry building will alter the block between 9th and 10th streets on Broad.

G-man:
Greenville's had a bigger Snozzberry building for 10 years!

is particularly productive or contributes to discussions about Augusta. Just a personal observation.
If you been keeping up with all the posts made on these threads,you would't have added to the problem with your own nagative comments.It's one thing to have outsiders(those Greenville worshiperes like G-Man,and Disgusta False on here,both from Greenville,trashing our city to discourage otheres from Moving here,but a whole nother matter when citizens here start low rating our town.If anything,you should be trying to put the positive aspects of our town on this forum so memberes across the country can get a true prospective on what Augusta is really like.If your like the rest of the Greenville Worshiperes and don't see any good here,then my next question is,Why are you living here?Move some place else like Greenville,only don't get caught in a fire,because you will have to be "air lifted"back to Augusta at the "burn unit"Greenville doesn't have one.Such a shame,don't you think?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
I must say,I agree with you 110%.All of us down here would love to be Greenville South Carolina,just with a burn unit for victims caught in a fire,increased police force for real crime here,not the paranoid fear from a bunch of teenageres hanging out downtown.You can't help that though,budget cuts were made and law enforcement was hit,such a shame,but anyway,we also want to keep our very low crime rate as compared to Greenville,and the baby crying adults have to stay in Greenville.We don't want them down here complaining about our teenage children hanging out with there friends,even though we do have sufficient law enforcement here to handle the serious situations.I need some tissue now,my heart is hurt that we aren't just like Greenville.LOL,What A Joke.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Actually isn't Augusta's crime worse?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Actually isn't Augusta's crime worse?
Well actually anyone reading crime/arrests reports for both cities,that is with good eyesight and half a brain would know the answer to that.HELL NO.You got to quit worshiping your city though to see the truth which is right in black and white before your very eyes.I just love this so much.Come Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area