Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 PM

43 posts, read 100,904 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking for someone to help me set up my website. I purchased a package from Host Gator. I have registered my domain. I do need to be a part of it. Any advice? Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,939 times
Used Microsoft Front Page back in the 90's to created a website. Working on a new website currently - planning on using Dream Weaver to create this time around.

Looking at Hostgator's website - they have 4500 website templates to chose from. It appears you can do your own in minutes.

Once you have your domain name registered - using the templates from their website, download to your computer, make and add changes you want, then upload to Hostgators servers.

They made it easy, follow their instructions.

Start - Select the type of site you would like to create

Design - Select the design for your site

Pages - Create and edit the structure of your site

Edit - Create and edit the content of your site

Publish - Publish your site to a server

Old 06-11-2010, 05:40 AM

43 posts, read 100,904 times
Thank you, I was wondering if they had some instructions on their site to make it simple for me to do!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:26 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,939 times
CD...

On your personal computer - you are going to want to write up a generic page, for each web page you are looking to create. The hardest part of creating a web page is deciding what information you want to list. Actually it might be better to start with a note pad.

You need to have a plan, what is the purpose of the web site? Next is this for family, or a business?

A business, what products or services are you going to offer? Have a title of each page that will be hyper-linked to the home page. By you copying your generic pages, pasting it on to their templets, it looks easy. What you are doing to converting your Doc pages to Html pages.

One of the reason why I do not want to use one of those easy templets. Planning on copy/paste the dictionary pertaining to my business on my home page, pasting in clear font number #8. That way can expect maximum search engine responses. Also not to keen on their JPE's, looking to design my own logo using the program Xara. Noting you can upload your own pictures, but I also want to have some Flash features for each page.

Coming to Austin in two weeks for the weekend, for personal, family and business. My website creation is on my calendar - have a crazy schedule coming up in the next month, probability wont get to it for another month...lol!!....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin