Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 14,229 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Round Rock area and I am looking for quality luxury apartments with a relatively young crowd that are safe (I am a single woman that will be living alone). I will be doing the long commute to Ft. Hood so I am also looking for something that is close to a major highway. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,983,546 times
I'm not the best one to be answering on this, as I am no longer single and I live in a house, but I did notice some cool looking apartments in Round Rock this weekend as I was shopping in La Frontera. They were called La Frontera Square and they really caught my eye (to the point where I did think that if I was looking for an apartment, I'd consider them). They're on Interstate 35 right at the 45 Tollroad. The whole area is called La Frontera - shops, restaurants, etc. - and it is a safe area, at least from what I've seen and heard from friends who live close-by. The apartments have a very industrialized, hip, city-type look on the outside....not at all what you'd expect to find in Round Rock. They remind me, at least on the outside, of those expensive apartments at the Triangle in Austin. I have no clue what the insides look like, though. Good luck!

Old 06-22-2010, 03:48 PM

308 posts, read 1,468,145 times
This is not a good one. way too close to highway. I almost chosed this one, but when I carefully thought about it, I found I really don't like the long hall way (if someone is smoking in the hall way, you will have to suffer all the way to your apt) and the noise from highway 45 and 35. The covered parking is nice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooCeleste View Post
I'm not the best one to be answering on this, as I am no longer single and I live in a house, but I did notice some cool looking apartments in Round Rock this weekend as I was shopping in La Frontera. They were called La Frontera Square and they really caught my eye (to the point where I did think that if I was looking for an apartment, I'd consider them). They're on Interstate 35 right at the 45 Tollroad. The whole area is called La Frontera - shops, restaurants, etc. - and it is a safe area, at least from what I've seen and heard from friends who live close-by. The apartments have a very industrialized, hip, city-type look on the outside....not at all what you'd expect to find in Round Rock. They remind me, at least on the outside, of those expensive apartments at the Triangle in Austin. I have no clue what the insides look like, though. Good luck!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 PM

153 posts, read 511,540 times
dyrlundak, I'm just curious why you're moving to Round Rock if you are commuting to Ft. Hood? I've lived in Killeen for a couple of years in the 90s and it was a pretty decent place to live (even though I wouldn't describe anything I lived in "luxury" ... I was already happy when I lived at a place with no roaches).

Old 06-22-2010, 10:02 PM

7 posts, read 66,723 times
dyrlundak - check out Alexan Palm Valley Alexan Palm Valley - Apartments in Round Rock and Broadstone Travesia Index - Broadstone Travesia in Austin, TX (REALLY nice pool)

Round Rock is a great place, hope you like it here!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM

Thank you so much for your help! I am looking to live in RR or Cedar Park just because I am young and single and I was looking to be in an area with more young professionals than families.
Has anyone heard anything about Las Brisas?
Does anyone know what the commute would be from Anderson Mills area?

Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,039 times
Hmm, luxury and Round Rock don't seem to go together. I think you can find a decent apartment, but luxury? I'd say you would have to go to Miami or NYC for that!

Old 07-02-2010, 07:23 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrlundak View Post
Thank you so much for your help! I am looking to live in RR or Cedar Park just because I am young and single and I was looking to be in an area with more young professionals than families.
Has anyone heard anything about Las Brisas?
Does anyone know what the commute would be from Anderson Mills area?
As someone that lives on the border of Cedar Park and Round Rock, my first thought is that Cedar Park and Round Rock are the areas that people move to in order to raise families. I would guess that there would be more single young professionals closer to Dell in Round Rock, but nowhere near as many as there are in North Austin (Arboretum area, near the Domain, Four Points area, etc.) Those would be a much tougher commute for you.

Honestly, I would probably cross Cedar Park off of my list completely. I know a few young single professional types and none of them would ever live North of 620 (aside from the ones that work at Dell who live in apartments very close to the Dell campus in Round Rock.)

Las Brisas is nice, but very far from the Austin young professional scene. If you're just looking for a nice, safe apartment near a lot of good shopping, that isn't a bad commute for you, then it would be a good choice.

If you're looking at something on Anderson Mill, then you might as well go a little further South and look at Riata. That place touts itself as being the young professional mecca of Austin. However, I've never done your commute, so I have no idea how bad it would be.

Welcome to Riata - Apartments in Austin

Old 07-02-2010, 08:56 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
If you're looking at something on Anderson Mill, then you might as well go a little further South and look at Riata. That place touts itself as being the young professional mecca of Austin. However, I've never done your commute, so I have no idea how bad it would be.

Welcome to Riata - Apartments in Austin
That (Riata) would be my suggestion if you're looking at Cedar Park... might as well add 5 more minutes onto the drive. The drive is going to suck no matter what - whether you come from CP or RR so you might as well live exactly where you want.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:02 AM

Mark311- do you know anyone that has lived in Las Brisas? That is my top choice right now if I do end up in RR and not the CP/North Austin area. My concern is about the young staff and the clientele; there look to be a lot of college aged kids there and I'm just wondering about the atmosphere there.

I did look at Riata and it is definitely an involved community and I can see how a lot of young professionals new to the area would enjoy living there. I'm will have to check out that commute and see how much different it is from North RR. I did notice that the pats themselves at the riata are very dated, but I guess you're paying for the community.

Thank you everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin