Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 PM

36 posts, read 72,623 times

Advertisements

I am interested in this development. It appears to be between Austin and Lake Travis from their website. Is this development still under construction or has it been built out? I just wanted to see if there was new constructions or just resales.

Also, how far is this area from Austin? Any info. will be appreciated.

Thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
I'm not familiar with it but the website looked interesting. Nice looking condos, great location. Google street view shows a couple of building groups built out.

If you click on their interactive map The Hillside Condominiums :: Site Plan it shows that a lot of the units are for sale.

I will try to drive by there when I'm in that part of town in the next week or two to take a look.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminaz View Post
The Hillside Condominiums on Ranch Road in Austin questions?
I agree with CaptRn, those condos look really nice. I like the style, it's a modern Hill Country look that will probably be desirable for some time to come. It's about 15 minutes from DT Austin in non-rush hour traffic, maybe double that during rush hour. It's near some very good neighborhoods like Cat Mountain and Northwest Hills.

BTW, "Ranch Road" is a designation and not a name of a road. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of Ranch Roads in Texas, designated by RR then a number (in this case, 2222). There are also Farm-to-Market and Ranch-to-Market designations (FM and RM, respectively). However, these designations don't necessarily mean they are rural or outside the city limits anymore -- roads like RR 2222 are pretty close-in.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:57 PM

477 posts, read 1,581,485 times
The Hillside Condos are on 2222. When they were originally built, they were overpriced (in the 300's), but they've since been reduced to the mid 200's which is more realistic. The finish out is nice - wide plank, hand scraped floors, dark cabinets and nice floorplans. SOme are new, some are resales.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:06 PM

36 posts, read 72,623 times
Default Thanks folks

Thanks everyone for replying. Good info., especially on the road info. in Texas.

They do look like very nice condos.

Thanks.....

Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,970 times
I considered Hillside but they're still about $50K above what I want to pay, so I'm going to Steiner Ranch (more of a straight shot commute to work).

Currently they only have a couple of units available, but they are staggeringly beautiful. Finish levels are 5-star hotel quality. Master bathrooms are a religious experience. Almost everything you see in the unit is a standard finish, and it's all high end. Nice views of hill country and the tops of the Austin skyline. Unfortunately, some power line views as well.

The community pool has stunning views and seems very private. No brats running around. The community is definitely built for singles, DINKs and empty nesters.

Unit 50 is gorgeous but has been unsold since 2008, and they're not budging much on price. Oh well. They are planning a second batch of homes to come online about six months from now; one idea for me is to live in Steiner for a while, then see if Hillside has come to their senses on price and move over when timing is right.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,781,274 times
Get an engineer to look at the construction before you buy. Austin is notorious for condos that look like a million dollars but dont meet anyones basic standards of construction. Thats because there is no building code in Austin that forces builders to meet basic standards in terms of noise transmission.
So things like single drywall adjoining walls are common even in 'high end' condos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin