Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 32,645 times

Advertisements

We are considering options in Avery Ranch between these two neighborhoods:
1) Pearson Place - Grand Haven Homes
2) Northwoods - Drees or Standard Pacific

Both neighborhoods are under RRISD, and will be to-be-built homes. However, the cost is about $50k difference with Northwoods being more.

Which area has better RRISD schools? Pearson Place is under Elsa England which is a new elementary school that opened this past fall, therefore there are no TEA ratings yet. But Northwoods is under Purple Sage elementary. What is the likeilhood that the elementary school for Northwoods would get rezoned to Elsa England when the Neenah intersection opens up to Pearson Ranch?

Also, which area is better for resale value? The location of Northwoods is across the street from the Lakeline Metro Rail station and very close to the 183 ramp, but Pearson Place is further away but with Pearson Ranch will intersect 45/620.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 02:28 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HousePlant2012 View Post

Both neighborhoods are under RRISD, and will be to-be-built homes. However, the cost is about $50k difference with Northwoods being more.

Which area has better RRISD schools? Pearson Place is under Elsa England which is a new elementary school that opened this past fall, therefore there are no TEA ratings yet. But Northwoods is under Purple Sage elementary. What is the likeilhood that the elementary school for Northwoods would get rezoned to Elsa England when the Neenah intersection opens up to Pearson Ranch?

Also, which area is better for resale value? The location of Northwoods is across the street from the Lakeline Metro Rail station and very close to the 183 ramp, but Pearson Place is further away but with Pearson Ranch will intersect 45/620.
This is very interesting. All the focus has been on the O'Connor/Great Oaks connection. There will need to be some serious modifications to Pearson Ranch Rd. before it could actually intersect 620...right now it looks like a driveway to the bus barn only. I can see some plans for an under/over pass, but that's just crazy to have Avery Ranch Blvd traffic blasting past the school on the way to the toll road. Hmmm...

And, per the activity on our message boards, NEITHER Northwoods nor Pearson Place will have access to Avery Ranch HOA amenities. Easy to confuse because of the names; but, it also sounds like some sales folks don't make that clear(or intentionally make it 'un'-clear ).

Also, I know you're looking 'down the road'; but the Neenah extension may be quite some time in the future.

I know some of the Drees homes are projected @ ~$140/sq ft. That's a bit strong but possibly justified...there are a number of Northwoods Drees homes over $500K. I haven't seen anything in Pearson that should be significantly over $400K, IMO.

Last edited by 10scoachrick; 03-21-2013 at 02:40 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Might as well touch on this again...Pearson Place and Northwoods are NOT part of Avery Ranch. NO access to Avery Ranch amenities can be granted to either neighborhood. Using the name Avery Ranch to designate a geographic location is as confusing as it is useful. While Pearson Place is 'sandwiched' between two AR communities, Northwoods merely 'backs up' to part of AR, sharing the extension of Staked Plains Dr..

Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM

If Neenah extension does happen in the next 5 years, then RRISD has site allocated for a new high school and middle school on Pearson Ranch next to England. But just wondering if Northwoods would get rezoned to these schools, as currently Northwoods has schools on the otherside of 183.

Also, Grand haven homes in Pearson is in the 450k range, which is comparable to Drees. But just wondering about the location of these 2 communities from a resale perspective.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
If Neenah extension does happen in the next 5 years, then RRISD has site allocated for a new high school and middle school on Pearson Ranch next to England. But just wondering if Northwoods would get rezoned to these schools, as currently Northwoods has schools on the otherside of 183.

Also, Grand haven homes in Pearson is in the 450k range, which is comparable to Drees. But just wondering about the location of these 2 communities from a resale perspective.
I'm seeing an awful lot of Hardi-plank and 'stucco' in Pearson for anything to be $450K.Without serious amenities, I'm not sure what would draw folks away from Avery to Pearson(at the higher end, that is).

It looks like anything reasonably priced 'up here' is getting multiple offers. Whether PP or NW can command the slightly higher prices and hold that line will be interesting. Unless something changes, NW will have the draw of the train station and the local businesses...Pearson must stand on its own(proximity to the school(s) being a slight plus).

Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
The community is called "Pearson Place at Avery Ranch" so if people want to reference the Avery Ranch area, let them, as it is geographically correct. It is the Avery Ranch "area".

Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
The community is called "Pearson Place at Avery Ranch" so if people want to reference the Avery Ranch area, let them, as it is geographically correct. It is the Avery Ranch "area".
It's called "PP at AR" because the developer who owns the trademark was the original developer of the property(even 'selling' the current developer the logo for the street signs and entry signage).

I don't give two whits what they call the place; but more than one report on the message boards speaks to the confusion surrounding the assumption that PP is actually part of the Avery Ranch HOA and would have access to AR amenities...NOT the case. We have all sorts of businesses using the Avery Ranch name and I think that is certainly appropriate; but a reasonable person can see the possible confusion when a neighborhood flanked by Avery Ranch homes and using Avery Ranch signage is NOT part of the HOA. Apparently, some prospective buyers are being 'mislead' by sellers who either are confused themselves or are 'leaving out' some of the facts. I'm sure any prospective PP buyer would be interested in the FIVE amenities centers in AR...but they can't even BUY access to them. They're welcome to play at and/or join the very nice Avery Ranch Golf Club, however.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 PM

318 posts, read 670,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
It's called "PP at AR" because the developer who owns the trademark was the original developer of the property(even 'selling' the current developer the logo for the street signs and entry signage).

I don't give two whits what they call the place; but more than one report on the message boards speaks to the confusion surrounding the assumption that PP is actually part of the Avery Ranch HOA and would have access to AR amenities...NOT the case. We have all sorts of businesses using the Avery Ranch name and I think that is certainly appropriate; but a reasonable person can see the possible confusion when a neighborhood flanked by Avery Ranch homes and using Avery Ranch signage is NOT part of the HOA. Apparently, some prospective buyers are being 'mislead' by sellers who either are confused themselves or are 'leaving out' some of the facts. I'm sure any prospective PP buyer would be interested in the FIVE amenities centers in AR...but they can't even BUY access to them. They're welcome to play at and/or join the very nice Avery Ranch Golf Club, however.
^^^^^

Yup. And I read the initial post and thought, "Oh no! I hope the buyer knows it's not Avery Ranch!"

Yes, the two 'hoods are in the Avery Ranch area but are not IN or a part of Avery Ranch. And no one would think otherwise since the developers are using the identical signage. It's exceptionally misleading, IMO.

I think the ones who live IN AR just cringe because we understand the builders and developers (and sales people) are not making it clear. Yes to the Avery Ranch area; No to being Avery Ranch.

The management company for the HOA is fielding phone calls from folks looking for their pool keys. Is it just people making assumptions? Or are the sales people not doing a good job of separation?

I feel like it's going to be a big ol' mess before it gets better.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 PM

I am aware that both PP and NW are not part of the Avery Ranch HOA. But both communities will have its own amenities with pool, tennis courts, playscape, etc.

The only difference with Northwoods I see is there is a lot of stone/stucco elevations compared to PP. Not sure that makes up for the difference in price. Also, NW doesnt require toll road access as its the last free exit 183 and quick ramp access for commute to downtown.

This is a tough decision as both locations are comparable!!!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 AM

318 posts, read 670,467 times
I think it will come down to what you want out of a house and location. I don't pay to get to my house when I use 183-I just take the last free exit (Lakeline Mall) as well. With Northwoods, you'll essentially be one street further south, but quite a bit further west than PP.

Stone will cost a bit more than siding.

Schools? That something that perhaps the district can answer, but I'll bet they will be evasive as well. It's hard to predict the future growth and make concrete decisions based on those.

Have you compared the home prices for the 2 neighborhoods with similar resales in the adjacent neighborhoods? Perhaps you can get a better idea of how the pricing should be.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, one of those 'hoods will have an actual tennis program so that I can get back into it again!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin