Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,117 times

Advertisements

Good evening,

I recently visited the Plum Creek community and liked it enough to consider purchasing a home there. The style of house is some of the best I've seen in my price range since I moved to Central Texas.

My major concern is that I have been told about potential crime issues in the area. Can anyone shed light on what the crime statistics are or perhaps validate this comment? I would also appreciate any websites that may have individual resident comments or general statistics for crime, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 08:32 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,188 times
That's werid...we're looking in Kyle too and also considering Plum Creek and I've heard nothing about crime being bad. In fact, I've been told it's a very nice neighborhood...and by the looks of it when we visited it seems to be true. Where did you hear the neighborhood had crime?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:14 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,014,187 times
I believe they had a meth lab bust in Plum Creek a year or two ago. I could be wrong about the location though.

I know they have an issue with vandalism by teenagers but that's no different than every other subdivison with kids

Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
I've never heard of any major crime problems in Kyle. Kyle was just a little town outside of Austin not too many years ago, so hard to imagine there was much going on.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:29 PM

260 posts, read 1,331,075 times
I have a few police officer friends that live there and know a few Hays County Sheriff's Officers and i have never heard about any crime issues in Plum Creek. It is a nice neighborhood once you get used to the fences.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek ATX View Post
I have a few police officer friends that live there and know a few Hays County Sheriff's Officers and i have never heard about any crime issues in Plum Creek. It is a nice neighborhood once you get used to the fences.
Well, I'm glad to hear some reassurance about that! LOL...just getting used to the fences!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 AM

260 posts, read 1,331,075 times
Last time I was there it was daytime when I arrived and night when I left. I got so turned around it took me 20 minutes to get out. It can be kind of a maze.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek ATX View Post
Last time I was there it was daytime when I arrived and night when I left. I got so turned around it took me 20 minutes to get out. It can be kind of a maze.
That's hilarious!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:29 PM

28 posts, read 97,334 times
We rented there last year. It was mostly a quiet neighborhood. The meth lab was in the townhomes and was shut down. That seems to have been the end of it. I would check familywatchdog.com. We were suprised at the number of sex offenders in the area but as with everything else its not the folks who are registered you have to worry so much about. We never had any trouble with crime. The HOA management people are what drove us out at the end of the lease. The day we saw someone walking around measuring everyones' grass with a ruler was it for us. We have lived all over the country in HOA and non HOA neighborhoods but that one was the most over-bearing one.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,619 times
Default Plum Creek HOA

I've lived in Plum Creek for about 4 years now. We really like it - very kid friendly. The HOA was overbearing when we moved in, but now they are much more reasonable - no rulers in sight . They still insist on mowing yeard, but not at a specific level. They also insist on no trashed cars, etc. which is a good thing. My only complaint is that we have no restaurants to speak of. One good one and some fast food. That should change with the new hospital and the developments coming though. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: