Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,692 times

Advertisements

We've used TruGreen and had a good expereince. They did what they were conrtacted to do and never "upsold" us or bugged us about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,329 times
Try Emerald Lawns; they're based in Round Rock and they've done a fabulous job with my lawn. Prices are great as well as customer service. They too use environmentally friendly/kid & pet safe products.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
I haven't had any bad experiences with TruGreen. This is the second location we've used them in. I am personally pleased with their service. We haven't been overbilled and they have never put anything on our lawns that damaged anything.

I did have one billing issue when we moved but it was rectified by two phone calls. Considering that it was a move and change of crews and location, I was OK with that once it got straight which was within 24 hours of my call.

They whipped my previous yard into shape and this one is looking good too. In my last lawn, all of a sudden I started getting those little stickers - in spite of using various "over the counter" things to address them. I had never had them before (I think they are called sand burs) but I HATE them. Apparently they had gotten into our neighborhood and they are pretty aggressive. But TruGreen managed to get rid of them after I tried and failed several times. In fact, they were gone in a few weeks and never returned. I don't know or really even care how they did it - LOL.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:20 AM

77 posts, read 192,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YA2013 View Post
Try Emerald Lawns; they're based in Round Rock and they've done a fabulous job with my lawn. Prices are great as well as customer service. They too use environmentally friendly/kid & pet safe products.
I second this.

Old 11-08-2019, 06:13 AM

1,780 posts, read 4,025,238 times
Quote:

I had a quote from them earlier this year for lawn service but haven't used them yet. May give them a go for next year.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:48 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,192,046 times
Quote:
I third this.

Used them many years at two properties. Great service and pricing with no contract. Responsive and respectful customer service too. My yard has always looked great and over the last 3 years, the bermuda grew much denser and healthy looking. Their weed control has been especially effective. You should give them a look.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:02 AM

122 posts, read 95,142 times
Count me in as another happy Emerald Lawns customer. No issues after 3 years of using them.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,050,385 times
My son worked for them therefore I got a nice discount. Didnt really notice anything different about the lawn. He moved on to another job so I cancelled it. Cancelling was a fight. They said they would but the guy kept coming and I was getting charged. After 2 or 3 times of that I finally went to the manager and everything was taken care of.

Few weeks after that the phone calls start. Calling from different numbers and they could not get that I dont want their service. One evening the sales manager calls wondering why I cancelled. This time I lied. I told him I am moving which then he said OH well we can do that house also but before he got there I said I am moving to a farm and cant have chemicals on the lawn due to the animals. That stopped the phone calls !! But I still get their mailer every week in the mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: