Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:35 PM

75 posts, read 282,264 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any all electric apartments in the central Austin area? I have MCS and cannot be around even the smallest amount of gas. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM

246 posts, read 858,059 times
I'm pretty sure my apartment at Stoney Ridge on S 1st was all electric.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMen View Post
I'm pretty sure my apartment at Stoney Ridge on S 1st was all electric.
Great, thanks! Anyone else know of any locations? Is there a way I can search for them, maybe I should get a realtor already? ;P

Old 01-18-2011, 11:36 PM

25 posts, read 61,127 times
Park Terrace at 516 Dawson Road is.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,105,799 times
Many, maybe even most apartment complexes are all electric. Some even have community boiler systems for hot water generation. Just call around, shouldn't be hard to find.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Many, maybe even most apartment complexes are all electric. Some even have community boiler systems for hot water generation. Just call around, shouldn't be hard to find.
Really? I am having a very hard time finding any apartments (that are not recently built expensive student megacomplexes, unfortunately) that do not involve a gas bill. :/ Were you thinking of areas around the UT campus, as well? I am assuming that most of the all electric apartments would have to be built well after the 60s for this to be possible?

Old 01-20-2011, 06:11 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,105,799 times
Use a locator! Apartment locators are fantastic resources and don't cost you a penny. They should be able to quickly give a list of apartments to consider.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Use a locator! Apartment locators are fantastic resources and don't cost you a penny. They should be able to quickly give a list of apartments to consider.
Are there any good recommendations for locators in Austin out there? I have called several apartment locations, and it is simply difficult to next to impossible to either contact most of these places or to find apartments near the UT area that are neither expensive nor run on gas.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,871 times
Depends how close you want to get to UT. I believe Tramor in the Arboretum didn't have a gas bill when I lived there, but it's been awhile.

You might need to compromise a bit and be willing to consider something on the UT shuttle bus line, rather than close to UT. It's one thing to find an apartment that's gas-free, probably not too hard, but when you want more variables:

1. Gas free
2. Close to UT
3. Not expensive

...you're narrowing your choices quite a bit. Obviously the closer you get to UT, the more desirable the apartment becomes for many students, which often raises prices. If it was me, I would just call up complexes within your price range and in the right area and ask them. It won't take you any longer than it would the apartment locating service.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Depends how close you want to get to UT. I believe Tramor in the Arboretum didn't have a gas bill when I lived there, but it's been awhile.

You might need to compromise a bit and be willing to consider something on the UT shuttle bus line, rather than close to UT. It's one thing to find an apartment that's gas-free, probably not too hard, but when you want more variables:

1. Gas free
2. Close to UT
3. Not expensive

...you're narrowing your choices quite a bit. Obviously the closer you get to UT, the more desirable the apartment becomes for many students, which often raises prices. If it was me, I would just call up complexes within your price range and in the right area and ask them. It won't take you any longer than it would the apartment locating service.
Is there a simple way to find the current phone numbers for these complexes? I have recently been using those given in Apartment Ratings, but most are outdated or offline. And unfortunately most of the complexes within my price range do not seem to have websites. I suppose locating an online phone book might help.

I am more than willing to compromise in terms of location, as I am incapable of compromising for the last two options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin