Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 AM

11 posts, read 33,178 times

Advertisements

Alright, it's been done for other cities, and I haven't seen one on this forum. Time to start the ghosts and hauntings of Austin thread! It doesnt hafta be said that this area has many hauntings and stories of spirits. The Driskill, the Paramount, the Capitol all have their tales. Time to tell yours. Do you have a ghost in your house? Have you seen anything strange or spooky anywhere in town or the surrounding area? How about anything else paranormal- seen a UFO recently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Well there was the ghost of Jake's Hill Road up in Pflugerville/Hutto.
I say was because development changed the bridge and the road and light pollution changed the atmosphere.

It was a cool, spooky place to go on Halloween. Park the truck on the bridge, turn off the lights and see if "Jake" came along to push you to the other side.
Definitely cannot do that today with traffic now on that road. Sadly "Jake" didn't survive suburbanization of the area

Here's some links:
Ghosts of Jake's Hill Road - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
Jake, the Bridge Ghost of Williamson County.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 AM

1,317 posts, read 4,056,601 times
My mom haunted the house I lived in Georgetown after she died. I've also had some of my own experiences here at my house in Round Rock - altho I think it may be my mom doing that also.

I'm a TRUE believer in ghosts - based on what I've seen, and heard with my experiences.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM

18 posts, read 38,627 times
Ive seen the East Austin trench coast masturbater ghost near the Austin baptist chapel. It was so gross.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogflap View Post
Ive seen the East Austin trench coast masturbater ghost near the Austin baptist chapel. It was so gross.
Are you ****tin us, or is this an actual ghost tale?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:36 PM

589 posts, read 1,812,484 times
I saw a car in Round Rock, emblazoned with advertisements for a local Paranormal Detective. By the way, ghosts do not exist.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 PM

589 posts, read 1,812,484 times
Looks like this person could use a paranormal detective.

WANTED-PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR (http://austin.craigslist.org/hss/2363056816.html - broken link)

Old 05-26-2011, 07:36 PM

399 posts, read 1,802,773 times
Why aren't all ghosts naked? Do clothes have spirits, too?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,056,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLadylawX View Post
By the way, ghosts do not exist.
Sorry, I believe. I know what I've seen and heard in my experiences...

Old 05-26-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLadylawX View Post
I saw a car in Round Rock, emblazoned with advertisements for a local Paranormal Detective. By the way, ghosts do not exist.
Sorry lady, but youre in the minority here. I know LOTS of people who've seen things that are not readily explainable, most dealing with people who were known to have died. My parents, my sister, most of my aunts and uncle on both sides, both sets of grandparents, several cousins, a whole bunch of friends, ALL have experienced paranormal happenings. And most of these occurrences took place during the day when they were wide awake and mostly in full command of their faculties eg. not crazy or on dope. Im sure if you took a poll of a random sampling of people not just in the western world but from all over the world, you would find the majority to hold some belief in the supernatural, and a majority of them would have first hand experience. If youre so inclined, why dont you get a room for a night at the Driskill or spend some time at the Capitol and explore the possibilities? You might experience something unforgettable and life changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin