Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,060,220 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure where - just know it's going to be a better location for those in Round Rock, Hutto, Georgetown than the current option of the Arboretum area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,572,687 times
I've heard that there will be one in the Round Rock area within the next two years (most likely opening in 2009), but this was from some Costco employees about a month ago, so the rumor might have changed. At that time, they hadn't started to build anything yet to their knowledge.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:17 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,688,656 times
That would be great if they put one up that Close! Even 1431 wouldn't be that bad.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:19 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,768,807 times
Costco will surely open a store in a strategic location for Round Rock and Georgetown, an area of Austin that has taken on so much economic clout and growth that it is developing its own identity via the critical mass of humanity concentrated in the area. And y'all have IKEA and Dell, so.... what else can I say? Costco would be foolish not to open a store in that area!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM

264 posts, read 1,094,236 times
An employee at Costco told me they will be opening a store by the Outlet Mall here in Round Rock... sometime next year.

As far as my initial comment. It was not suppose to hurt anybody's feelings... I thought the coffee thing was funny and couldn't believe the napkin situation. I know that the sample people are not costco employees.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:33 PM

701 posts, read 2,482,058 times
And...I was just being sarcastic about the child labor thing.

Costco does have great benefits which is why, as someone else pointed out, they have a very low turnover.

But the sample people...I don't know about them. At our old Costco, they were always the same people so they had to enjoy what they were doing, right?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 PM

347 posts, read 1,566,984 times
There's not a lot of jobs out there for little ol' ladies. Cooking food in the microwave then cutting it up into little pieces sounds like a pretty good gig!

Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,768,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsloane View Post
As far as my initial comment. It was not suppose to hurt anybody's feelings... I thought the coffee thing was funny and couldn't believe the napkin situation.
Well, I'm personally offended and hurt to the point of suicidal depression. I haven't been able to sleep, I've gained 200 pounds because I can't stop eating ice cream from Costco, I shaved my head and got a tattoo of David Hasselhoff on my chest, and nothing seems to work. So, naturally, I've contacted an attorney and you'll be hearing from him soon.

People are just SO insensitive!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,291,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsloane View Post
This is my first experience in Costco here in Austin (recently moved from Seattle).

1) My girls were sampling some soymilk and one of them spilled some on herself, so I went to ask for a napkin. I didn't see any on top of the sampling counter, but saw that its drawer was full of them, so I asked the demonstrator "May I have a napkin?" She looked at me and said "I don't have any" So I pointed at the ones in the drawer and she says "Those are only for emergencies" (!!!) I explained that my daughter spilled some milk on herself and she says "oh! then let me see if I find something..." and started rummaging in her things - not the drawer!!... I could not believe it! I turned around and walked away.

2) They have this new organic coffee for sale there, and they were giving samples of it. I went and looked at the bag to find out where the beans were from, but the info was not on the label. So I went to the demonstrator and asked "Do you know where the beans come from?" She looked at me as if I had asked the stupidest question ever. She says, "I don't know, the bag doesn't say so" I said "I thought you might know" She responded "no, I don't, but I guess from somewhere in the MIDDLE EAST because it says here -arabica-"
That's like going to Walmart and expecting an employee to actually answer your question instead of just aimlessly looking through the same isle you've already been down 3-times.

The best reason to shop at Costco is that it isn't owned by the Waltons.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:44 PM

80 posts, read 346,427 times
Xsloane, I guess I can relate to your experience as an ex-Washingtonian (from Camas). I remember how helpful all the store employees are. This is no lie, no matter how busy a store employee is, if you ask them where a certain product is found, they literally drop what they are doing, take you across the store, to the isle and point you directly to the product. Meanwhile, here I am telling them, just tell me where, I can handle finding it. I do miss the special treatment and to be around those kind of people. Just yesterday at Sam's Club on 290, the cashier asks the usual question, "Did you find everything ok?" I haven't even answered and the cashier was already saying "good!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin