Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:37 PM

404 posts, read 712,288 times

Advertisements

sox with sandals? YES. make sure you wear a pink collared shirt and khaki shorts too.

yes i see these guys on 6th... LOL @ UT frats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
No Leslie is not a bike rider! He prefers to totter in high heels. You saw one of the "thong guys" in Austin. There are at least two. One who even posts on C-D!

I know many people in Austin, mostly guys, who only own sandals. So when cold weather rolls around they add socks for a few weeks rather than have a separate pair of shoes. But no one would ever accuse them of being fashionable.
Not true!! The first time I saw Leslie live he was peddling a bicycle very slowly East on 5th Street, pulling a trailer full of his stuff. Straining up hill in that small section of roadway, to try to get it to his Congress Avenue post. He was wearing a mini-skirt, nylons (w/ hairy legs) and high heels while straining to peddle his bike up hill. He had traffic backed up for 2 blocks behind him and the car directly behind him was a police car. They just watched him for a while, shaking their heads, then passed him and went on their way, figuring they had better things to do I guess.

Last edited by CptnRn; 10-14-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Old 10-14-2011, 05:14 PM

970 posts, read 1,873,355 times
Don't socks defeat the purpose of wearing sandals?!

My son used to wear those Nike flip-flops with socks which was the style.........up North (when we lived there,) or a basketball thing? Ick! Glad he's given it up since moving here.

Haven't been "lucky" enough to see Leslie yet. When / where's the best time to see him / her?

Old 10-14-2011, 05:31 PM

474 posts, read 905,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
jazznblues~ do tell. what's your pet peeve?
Your post made me smile. Because men and sandals seems like such a small thing compared to muffin tops and heavier women that insist the world see so much of their breasts.

Or $1500 purses....or.....excessive makeup....or....(don't get me started)

Old 10-14-2011, 05:49 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,105,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Not true!! The first time I saw Leslie live he was peddling a bicycle very slowly East on 5th Street, pulling a trailer full of his stuff. Straining up hill in that small section of roadway, to try to get it to his Congress Avenue post. He was wearing a mini-skirt, nylons and high heels while straining to peddle his bike up hill. He had traffic backed up for 2 blocks behind him and the car directly behind him was a police car. They just watched him for a while, shaking their heads, then passed him and went on their way, figuring they had better things to do I guess.

That's right! I had forgotten about that. I remember that bike trailer. I haven't seen him with it for years.

I live south central and run into him about every two months or so.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
I see nothing wrong with sandals and socks. People should be comfortable and wear what feels best. Lots of looks can work if the person is clean and neat. Really - how are people going to see your bright, beautiful, cheery socks if you wear closed shoes?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM

970 posts, read 1,873,355 times
Okey Dokey.............from this female's POV.......ick......what are you hiding, and what century were your born?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I say No!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:30 AM

2,158 posts, read 3,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
This is really a pet peeve, but where did this awful look come from? And men, please, at work? You have nice Dockers, an ironed button-down shirt, then your feet are...not cooperating.
Has it become too difficult to wear closed toed shoes or something more professional looking?
I am happy for you that your life and surroundings are overall so perfect that something this trivial bothers you.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,965 times
If you care about getting laid, then don't wear them. If you don't care, wear them.

But, I see you're wearing Dockers. Your chances are low already, so flip a coin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: