Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 PM

541 posts, read 941,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jink View Post
Holy smokes...! These are only about 3 or 4 guys, not every single white person I work with. I'm not throwing everybody in my office off the boat because of how a few guys are treating me... Everyone else was cool about it, so it's no prob! You'll always run across a few bad apples in every bunch, but don't let it set a standard as to how you'll see the rest.

Whatever! The majority of them are like that. especially the hot preppy white guys that date ONLY white women are like that.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
What a bunch of losers!!!!!! That sucks you had to deal with that. I love interracial relationships. They are just shallow white people who only restricts themselves. I am starting to hate white people. Just horrible negative experiences when I was around them/.
BAM! Although you are entitled to your opinion (and frankly, I can careless about this opinion), I can read between the lines and it is becoming obvious that this "friend" of yours may not want to move to Austin as it is full of these "hated" white people.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
BAM! Although you are entitled to your opinion (and frankly, I can careless about this opinion), I can read between the lines and it is becoming obvious that this "friend" of yours may not want to move to Austin as it is full of these "hated" white people.

wHY THE HELL WOULD I be talking about myself. Thats gay. My friend does want to move to Austin. Its her choice.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,576,941 times
Quote:
wHY THE HELL WOULD I be talking about myself. Thats gay. My friend does want to move to Austin. Its her choice.
Your posts are oozing all sorts of irony.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Quote:

Don't Say Gay - YouTube
This is for you!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jink View Post
I'm a black guy with a Mexican/Spaniard girlfriend and I took her to my workplace to meet my co-workers, etc. Before I did that, I was on pretty good terms with a lot of them. Now, they hardly ever talk to me. I greet them when I see them and they act as if they don't even notice me. I'll never exactly understand it... Some people are just uncomfortable with interracial relationships because they haven't been around it for too long. It's still "new" to them and they have to accept it (?). Admittedly, it took me a while to get used to seeing homosexual relationships because it was "different." Now, I'm perfectly fine with it.
there is nothing different about AA and Hispanic interracial couples even in Austin. Maybe something else happened or you are looking too far into things. Not PC - but that has got to be as common of a coupling as a white-white couple.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 AM

5 posts, read 12,318 times
To answer the OP, I doubt it will be a problem at all. Austin is generally liberal and open-minded. I don't know where she's moving from, but the percentage of East Asians (Japanese/Chinese/Korean/etc) in Austin is tiny. It is nearly half Hispanic with blacks being about 10%. Mind you I'm referring to Austin proper, not various towns 20 or 30 miles away where more conservative types live who commute to Austin for work.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
What a bunch of losers!!!!!! That sucks you had to deal with that. I love interracial relationships. They are just shallow white people who only restricts themselves. I am starting to hate white people. Just horrible negative experiences when I was around them/.
Your kind of contradicting yourself there. So, you love interracial relationships, but hate the white person who is in the other half of the relationship?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinhippie View Post
To answer the OP, I doubt it will be a problem at all. Austin is generally liberal and open-minded. I don't know where she's moving from, but the percentage of East Asians (Japanese/Chinese/Korean/etc) in Austin is tiny. It is nearly half Hispanic with blacks being about 10%. Mind you I'm referring to Austin proper, not various towns 20 or 30 miles away where more conservative types live who commute to Austin for work.
East Asians are people from India, Pakistan and what not.
Asians are people are from China/Japan/KOREA....

Old 01-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your kind of contradicting yourself there. So, you love interracial relationships, but hate the white person who is in the other half of the relationship?
Actually I am not. You do know there are other races out there besides white right?? I guess you didnt think so. I just wont date a white person due to my past experiences . I will date a hispanic/mexican , african american and middle eastern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin