Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 17,220 times

Advertisements

Looking for a new home between $150,000-$200,000 in the Cedar Park and Leander area.

Anyone suggest any areas to be in or really, mainly interested in the builder. I went and saw a Pulte home around the Ronald Reagan/Crystal Falls. I believe its the Cold Springs area. Wasnt impressed with some of the materials they used but they the price included a sprinkler system for the yard and covered patio. A few upgrades would help but I read a couple of bad reviews.

Another place I looked was the Taylor Morrison Homes in the Crystal Falls/Lakeline Blvd area. House look pretty good. Didnt know to much about the builder.

Any suggestions on mainly which home builder to trust more than anything. Almost any location in Cedar Park/Leander area is pretty good.

I didnt find to many homes in Cedar Park for my price point other than KB homes which I think I would stay away from.

Bottomline is that I would like to purchase a home that is going to last a very long time. 30-40 years... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,654,050 times
We have a Pulte built home in Leander and so far so good. Like the Crystal Falls houses also. Good luck

Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 AM

327 posts, read 774,839 times
We're having Taylor Morrison build us a house in Crystal Falls right now. We're happy with them. Have you talked with a realtor? If I were you, I'd do that first. Ours has helped us out quite a bit so far.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansZ View Post
We're having Taylor Morrison build us a house in Crystal Falls right now. We're happy with them. Have you talked with a realtor? If I were you, I'd do that first. Ours has helped us out quite a bit so far.
Are you under the $200K max the OP mentioned? What size is the house? Crystal Falls significantly under $200K would worry a bunch of the 'original' homeowners, I reckon.

And to the OP, even with the proposed construction along Ronald Reagan to the south of Cold Springs, that area is vastly different from the relative congestion of Crystal Falls. Just taking a look at a google map will reveal the lack of amenities around Cold Springs vs the dense development just outside of Crystal Falls. You could certainly drive to 'whatever' from Cold Springs; but that's just it...the only way out is a 60mph highway.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM

327 posts, read 774,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Are you under the $200K max the OP mentioned? What size is the house? Crystal Falls significantly under $200K would worry a bunch of the 'original' homeowners, I reckon.

And to the OP, even with the proposed construction along Ronald Reagan to the south of Cold Springs, that area is vastly different from the relative congestion of Crystal Falls. Just taking a look at a google map will reveal the lack of amenities around Cold Springs vs the dense development just outside of Crystal Falls. You could certainly drive to 'whatever' from Cold Springs; but that's just it...the only way out is a 60mph highway.
No, ours is about double that, but Taylor Morrison has a section which "starts" under $200k. I don't know if you can feasibly build a house in that price range, but I suppose if you get a base one-story floor plan with no upgrades you could be under that amount. Since most of the houses even in that section sell north of $250k, so the OP could potentially have one of the lowest price houses in Crystal Falls, which wouldn't be a bad position to be in.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:32 PM

Taylor Morrison is one of 4 builders in that area I believe but they are the only ones that are under $200,000. They do build homes from $160,000-$220,000. Here's a link to there floor plans in that area. Homes in Leander for Sale: Crystal Falls- Crystal Cove Real Estate from Taylor Morrison

I do somewhat like the Magnolia floor plan. Just wish the extra bedrooms were a little bigger. One story homes is what I am looking for and both locations have them. Just going to have to add upgrades to them.

The cold springs area is not to bad either. They are going to build a walmart on 1431 and parmer and heb is right there. it is not a long drive to get anywhere. Also, coldsprings is closer to IH-35 than crystal falls area. and with all that traffic in cedar park and the knuckleheads that decide the roadways here in cedar park who do not know what they are doing (thats something that i can go on and on about).

The only thing that I realy worry about is the lifetime of the home and if i can trust the builder. Im surprised that those two locations along 1431 are the only new homes that are under $200,000.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:38 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,654,050 times
Out here in Summerlyn I think Lennar is building under 200, Centex took over the Pulte section, and there is another builder on the Lennar side under 200k. The location works for us but not everyone.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
Out here in Summerlyn I think Lennar is building under 200, Centex took over the Pulte section, and there is another builder on the Lennar side under 200k. The location works for us but not everyone.

I noticed that location waaaaaayyyyy up there... not sure if its for me but im considering taking a look. that area and vista ridge just south of there.... Never heard of Lennar homes.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
We have a Pulte built home in Leander and so far so good. Like the Crystal Falls houses also. Good luck

How long have you lived in that house? Are you satisfied with how they built everything?

Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
I'm not sure what it means, but I don't think Cold Springs had many <$200K homes in their original plan. When 'the bottom' fell out in '08, things really slowed around there. There were model homes and a few finished homes when we moved here in June '08...that small community STILL isn't built out. I'm guessing +- $300K was their original target range, with a few homes a fair bit higher than that.

Moderator cut: No specific real estate company, broker or agent name or website recommendations can be posted in this forum

So it looks like ~ $100/ sq ft but who knows how much 'upgrades' would cost.

Looks like there were some serious clearance deals during the past couple of years...shame you couldn't get in on that...

Moderator cut: post realtor.com listings only

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-26-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin