Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 5,161 times

Advertisements

I'm selling my house in Bastrop and moving to Georgetown. I want to move into an apartment, but not into a large complex. I would prefer a duplex, 4-plex, small complex, garage apt., etc. in the "Old Town" area. I'm not looking for another house due to upkeep. A small one bedroom or two bedroom would suit. I've looked on Craig's List, but there isn't much. Where do owners advertise? No one seems to use newspaper ads anymore. Do they just stick signs out front when the college kids leave school, or is there a property mgt co. in Georgetown that most use? If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,688,656 times
I've seen signs in yards but people probably use real estate agents or mngmt. Companies.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,572,687 times
You can try to use Austin Home search as well, but honestly, there just aren't that many places like that in Georgetown and the ones that do come up can be a bit pricey. You can find some duplex/townhomes, but not much in the way of smaller 4-plex type apartments. You might need to look at some of the larger apartment complexes in Georgetown so you'll at least have a backup plan.

Austin Home Search Lease (http://www.austinhomesearch.com/Search/Lease.aspx - broken link)

And just to add about your college kids leaving school comment, most Southwestern University kids live in on-campus housing. It's a small enough campus that there isn't a lot of typical student housing around it like you would see at a larger campus. I actually found the stat that 83% of all Southwestern University students live on campus. Since there are under 1400 students there, that means that only a couple hundred don't live in campus housing so it really isn't an area where a ton of college students are coming and going in regards to rentals.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,195,268 times
I would use a real estate agent, it simplifies the process and makes it so much easier to find a place you will like. Saving you time and energy from searching.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 AM

4 posts, read 5,161 times
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin