Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 AM

215 posts, read 351,285 times

Advertisements

We are not supposed to try to determine if the actions were an oversight, just that it is breaking the law. I call 311 or the police as needed. This is the result of everyone moving here with two and three kids which is consuming our resources at record level. It was not an issue 30 years ago, now is a huge problem.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,532 times
The sad thing is that the 6AM narc probably breaks other laws s/he thinks are silly, like speed limits or their tax returns - but when it comes to watering your lawn - gawd forbid, we must do whatever the government says!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 AM

38 posts, read 72,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
The sad thing is that the 6AM narc probably breaks other laws s/he thinks are silly, like speed limits or their tax returns - but when it comes to watering your lawn - gawd forbid, we must do whatever the government says!
The lesson here is don't get caught! You are always innocent until someone catches you.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:03 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedarkrose View Post
The lesson here is don't get caught! You are always innocent until someone catches you.
...and have good relationships with your neighbors so they won't be inclined to narc on you!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:09 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,109,315 times
F1 = Vichy!

No doubt about that, it saddens me. The sunbelt as a whole is peaking (Atlanta is past, Austin maybe at the peak, Nashville still has some room), the next hot region will be the old rust belt -- Pittsburgh, Memphis, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit. Cheap housing, abundant water, tons of existing infrastructure that can be updated and restored. Winters will probably be milder going. 40 years from now they will be peaking as a region. Maybe F1 will then set up a circuit in Cleveland and then Austin will be more like Tuscon, arid, remote, cheap!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:51 AM

3,834 posts, read 5,763,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Gone View Post
We are not supposed to try to determine if the actions were an oversight, just that it is breaking the law. I call 311 or the police as needed. This is the result of everyone moving here with two and three kids which is consuming our resources at record level. It was not an issue 30 years ago, now is a huge problem.
It is not our job to police you neighbors. You are not deputy fife (as much as you might want to be). If you do have a problem one with something being done, why not be neighborly of you to mention it first. If that seems too risky or confrontational then just write a note. Going directly to the authorities is...Vichy

Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,900,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedarkrose View Post
It's Pittsburgh.
Yeah, totally. Sorry to the poster, but even if I didn't already know Pittsburgh (born and raised in Cleveland), your PGHPA handle gave it away And Pitts got problems like every other city. It certainly has gone through some dark ages of its own.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,900,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
F1 = Vichy!

No doubt about that, it saddens me. The sunbelt as a whole is peaking (Atlanta is past, Austin maybe at the peak, Nashville still has some room), the next hot region will be the old rust belt -- Pittsburgh, Memphis, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit. Cheap housing, abundant water, tons of existing infrastructure that can be updated and restored. Winters will probably be milder going. 40 years from now they will be peaking as a region. Maybe F1 will then set up a circuit in Cleveland and then Austin will be more like Tuscon, arid, remote, cheap!
Maybe. As a born and bred Clevelander, I've always felt that the Great Lakes an advantageous region. But there also needs to be jobs. There's also a bunch of natural gas there which will attract investors if they can figure out how to extract it without caving in the whole region and making it even more of an industrial wasteland.

As for milder winters, maybe so but the gray vibe from the lakes will still keep things a bit ominous

Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
I received a nasty little note in mail the other day from the City that a neighbor observed I was not in compliance with the Stage 1 water restrictions in place because I had the sprinklers running at 6AM.

Admittedly, this was my mistake and I reset them to run earlier so that they would be done by 5AM.
1. I'm sure it was not a "nasty note", rather a notice that you were not observing the restrictions and needed to comply or could be fined.

2. This reminds me of the other thread where the OP is complaining that he was given a ticket for running a red light when he slid through the intersection and turned right without stopping. //www.city-data.com/forum/austi...t-control.html

You broke the law and are complaining that you got a warning. Go figure...

Old 08-26-2012, 02:21 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
It is not our job to police you neighbors. You are not deputy fife (as much as you might want to be). If you do have a problem one with something being done, why not be neighborly of you to mention it first. If that seems too risky or confrontational then just write a note. Going directly to the authorities is...Vichy
Many people get shot going directly go the neighbors to complain. Maybe your neighbors don't trust you to have a reasonable discussion with them regarding your illegal behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin