Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 07:30 PM

71 posts, read 91,215 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,

I'm 22 years old and just graduated college up in the northeast and am currently interviewing at several places around the country. I wanted to look into the Austin area as well because I've heard great things about it and heard that it's a good place to be in your 20's (correct me if I'm wrong!). I'm just looking for a place where I can start fresh, meet new people, and be in a little warmer of a climate than what I'm used to.

I come from a pretty analytic background with bachelors degrees in Mathematics (BA) and Applied Physics (BS) and have always gotten pretty good marks (3.85 GPA). I'm looking for input about companies around the area (preferably on the larger side so I can meet more people but a small company > 100 or so employees would be fine as well) which hire a lot of people with technical backgrounds. It's difficult without a lot of experience to get looks at companies but I'm willing to try my luck in the area and I figured you folks would be able to recommend companies based on reputation, people that you know that work there, etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Also, I apologize in advance if this kind of thread is over done. I don't frequent this section of city-data often.

Also, as a side note, I have internship experience with an insurance company and although I don't want to necessarily end up working for one, that might be a good first job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: