Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,881 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say hello. We'll be moving to Austin the end of next month (June); the we includes myself, my hubby and grandson. We've lived in the area previously 2007 to 2009 in Cedar Park.

Our plans had been to relocate back to Oahu (Honolulu), but our youngest son and granddaughter are in Austin, so we'll return to spend some quality time while she's still very young and give some assist to my son. Hawaii will still be there when we're ready.

Our plan is to give South Austin a try this time. We're looking at Circle C and the Villages at Western Oaks communities. We'll have our other grandchild with us, a 12 YO boy and he'll need a good middle and high school.

I look forward to joining y'all in the various conversations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 PM

384 posts, read 980,913 times
A fellow San Diegan! Sort of. I know you've posted a lot on the San Diego board while you've lived there. We'll be moving to Austin this summer, too. But we'll need to be in the Cedar Park/Round Rock area for my husband's work. Good luck with your neighborhood search!
Janine

Old 05-30-2013, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 5,150 times
Howdy!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Welcome back! We missed you.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM

116 posts, read 213,011 times
Aloha Aloha! My small family has lived in Circle C for seven years and before that, we lived in Villages of Western Oaks so if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. All of Circle C is currently zoned to Gorzycki and Bowie. I think part of the Villages is zoned to Gorzycki, part may be zoned to Small and maybe part to Bailey. I think there are positives and negatives for each campus. I believe the parents at Small are looking into turning it into an in district Green/Tech charter campus that would be a middle and high school combined.

I love living in this area. There is so much space to exercise with the sidewalks, trails, bike lanes, veloway and swimming pools.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmatbert View Post
Aloha Aloha! My small family has lived in Circle C for seven years and before that, we lived in Villages of Western Oaks so if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. All of Circle C is currently zoned to Gorzycki and Bowie. I think part of the Villages is zoned to Gorzycki, part may be zoned to Small and maybe part to Bailey. I think there are positives and negatives for each campus. I believe the parents at Small are looking into turning it into an in district Green/Tech charter campus that would be a middle and high school combined.

I love living in this area. There is so much space to exercise with the sidewalks, trails, bike lanes, veloway and swimming pools.
Thanks for the info. I think I read something about Small being changed to a Charter or something like that. Can you provide a little more detail on the pros and cons, as you see it, for each of the middle schools. My grandson is interested in Orchestra, so which school has the better program?

Thanks again!

Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Welcome back! We missed you.
Thank you, we're looking forward to getting back to Austin. Although I must admit that Hawaii is still my preference, I did enjoy Austin and I have quite a few friends there plus my youngest son and granddaughter.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Answer View Post
Howdy!
Howdy back at ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin