Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 AM

3 posts, read 4,589 times

Advertisements

Comcast is also just as bad. Price-wise U-verse is where it's at if it's available in your area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,699 times
Default New Uverse installation is unstable & unusable

Just moved to 78757, formerly 78759. Uverse at old address worked great. New address Uverse works 10p until around 10a the next morning, but no signal during the day. They've tried to fix it three times without success. I work from home, or at least I did until moving here last week. Any ideas what might be causing it?

Old 05-21-2012, 03:51 PM

653 posts, read 1,794,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Not as bad as Time Warner in my experience. Never before or since have I had a customer service experience so upsetting that I was throwing the phone against the walls.

They are all bad, and they are all irritating.

They all make one go through more communication than necessary to cancel service. With CLEAR, The first person I spoke with should have been able to just do the cancel, she had all my information. The only thing I had to stay on the line an extra 20 minutes for, was for someone to make multiple attempts to keep me as a customer. But I did get it successfully cancelled.

With Time Warner, the last time I cancelled, I had to make a complaint to the BBB, and then someone contacted me, and cancelled it based on the date I first made the request.

So why did I go back to Time Warner?
I had CLEAR for a few years. Then I switched back to Time Warner.
The quality of the connection is so significantly superior, I am not sure I will ever go back to CLEAR.
It just does not make sense to pay that much for an inferior home internet signal. Their mobile service might make more sense.

Had CLEAR originally offered me the price they offered me when I told them why I was canceling, maybe I would have stayed with them.
I very much dislike that marketing technique.
I might be willing to pay half as much for their inferior connection, but I won't pay CLEAR the same price I can pay Time Warner for a much superior connection.

They all have sales and cancellation policies that are so irritating, that if any competitor offers me a reasonable internet signal without that irritation, they will have my business. Even if I can cancel at anytime, it should not take 20 or more minutes on the phone to execute the cancel.

I should be able to cancel online. They claim for security reasons, yet they can take my payment information online. Why would security be less of an issue for taking my payment information than canceling my service?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM

597 posts, read 1,317,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkroad View Post
Just moved to 78757, formerly 78759. Uverse at old address worked great. New address Uverse works 10p until around 10a the next morning, but no signal during the day. They've tried to fix it three times without success. I work from home, or at least I did until moving here last week. Any ideas what might be causing it?
It's a bad line from the curb to your house. I had a similar problem but they fixed it. I'd switch to cable they have all the kinks worked out.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:17 PM

363 posts, read 988,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkroad View Post
What street did you move to. I may be able to offer some insight.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 AM

176 posts, read 350,643 times
One fact not mentioned in this thread is that Uverse has a 250GB data cap, however, as far as I know, it's not being enforced at this time, but that could change.

Time Warner has no usage cap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin