Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 08:05 AM

36 posts, read 44,307 times

Advertisements

Been really into the breakfast tacos since moving here, but really amazed with how cheap some places charge as low as a dollar a taco!! I have a place I like near my office near Manchaca & Ben White but was wondering what other places offer dollar tacos in and around Austin for those of us on a shoestring budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Lo Ho View Post
Been really into the breakfast tacos since moving here, but really amazed with how cheap some places charge as low as a dollar a taco!! I have a place I like near my office near Manchaca & Ben White but was wondering what other places offer dollar tacos in and around Austin for those of us on a shoestring budget?
So why aren't you sharing the name of the place you know about?

Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,737,530 times
Personally, I think the best place for cheap breakfast tacos is Maria's Taco Xpress.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
Personally, I think the best place for cheap breakfast tacos is Maria's Taco Xpress.
Sounds good! But does not appear to have any tacos below $2.05, which is true for my area. Any decent breakfast taco will probably cost you more then $2.00. $2.50-2.70 more likely.

Best Tacos in Austin TX

From my experience it is hard to beat a WhataBurger Taquito: Whataburger - Taquito

Old 11-24-2013, 03:52 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,737,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Sounds good! But does not appear to have any tacos below $2.05, which is true for my area. Any decent breakfast taco will probably cost you more then $2.00. $2.50-2.70 more likely.

Best Tacos in Austin TX

From my experience it is hard to beat a WhataBurger Taquito: Whataburger - Taquito
Whataburger tacos with perservatives to make sure they stay 'fresh' after thawing! Do you know the workers simply warm them up from the freezer (just like McDonald's)? I have no idea where the taquitos are actually made. I tried them twice and I nearly vomited each time! LOL!!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:26 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
Dang...at a food ingredient cost of usually 25-33%, I'm not sure I want a breakfast taco that sells for a dollar.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Whataburger tacos with perservatives to make sure they stay 'fresh' after thawing! Do you know the workers simply warm them up from the freezer (just like McDonald's)? I have no idea where the taquitos are actually made. I tried them twice and I nearly vomited each time! LOL!!
While I normally respect your opinion. I have to say BS here. Where is your proof to support this libel? I quite honestly think you are FoS on this issue. I place an order every couple of weeks for a dozen, and they are so obviously "fresh" compared to thawing one out the next day. I occasionally make a batch of my own, so I know what fresh looks like, and I have to say that you do not know what you are talking about in this instance...

Respectfully,

R

Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
While I normally respect your opinion. I have to say BS here. Where is your proof to support this libel? I quite honestly think you are FoS on this issue. I place an order every couple of weeks for a dozen, and they are so obviously "fresh" compared to thawing one out the next day. I occasionally make a batch of my own, so I know what fresh looks like, and I have to say that you do not know what you are talking about in this instance...

Respectfully,

R

P.S. either that or someone should shoot the owner/operator of the Whataburger in your neighborhood....

Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 PM

261 posts, read 418,432 times
The cheapest breakfast tacos in Austin that I know of would be Taco Cabana, but I think they are more than a dollar. They are hit and miss but usually fairly good.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:09 PM

252 posts, read 719,013 times
Still don't have a go-to for breakfast tacos. Still haven't found a place with fresh homemade tortillas that compare to the likes of San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin