Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 12,928 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving to San Marcos hopefully this Winter. So naturally, I will be wanting to rent an apartment. So does anyone have any recommendations? Looking between $400-$600 a month, accepts pets (I have a 65lb dog), in a good neighborhood, and close to Texas State University. Right now I am looking into the University Club Apartments, but they don't have a email option and they're closed until Monday. Or if anyone knows of a boarding house that is relatively cheap, let me know please.

By the way, looking online, I've noticed that one bedroom apartments cost almost $100 more than a 2 or 3 bedroom one. Why is that?

Also, if anyone has/knows of any decent paying part time jobs so I can actually pay my rent, that would be great too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 11:20 PM

78 posts, read 123,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
I'm going to be moving to San Marcos hopefully this Winter. So naturally, I will be wanting to rent an apartment. So does anyone have any recommendations? Looking between $400-$600 a month, accepts pets (I have a 65lb dog), in a good neighborhood, and close to Texas State University. Right now I am looking into the University Club Apartments, but they don't have a email option and they're closed until Monday. Or if anyone knows of a boarding house that is relatively cheap, let me know please.

By the way, looking online, I've noticed that one bedroom apartments cost almost $100 more than a 2 or 3 bedroom one. Why is that?

Also, if anyone has/knows of any decent paying part time jobs so I can actually pay my rent, that would be great too.
There are so many apartments in San Marcos. For a 1 bedroom you pay a premium because of the kitchen and living room. Tacking on another room is not that really costly except for the extra space. If a 1 bedroom is more than a 2 bedroom it is probably because it is "big". Good luck finding a 1 bedroom for 400-600. Looks like you will have to have roommates. But since it is in San Marcos, student living apartments will typically have roommate matching programs.

As for a jobs, find a serving job at a popular restaurant. Screw anything under $15 an hour, it's pointless, imo, unless it is an internship or someone career focused.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:37 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,434,906 times
You are going to have a really hard time finding a decent apartment for less than $600. And if you do find one, it's not going to be near campus.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:49 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,559,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
You are going to have a really hard time finding a decent apartment for less than $600. And if you do find one, it's not going to be near campus.
And don't forget the 65# pooch.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:30 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
My son is moving out of a 2 bedroom apt in San Marcos on Thursday. It is walking distance to the campus - he walks it every day. Not a fancy place, it is pretty bare bones. No pool or rec room, but they do have a garden area (veggies) and I know people have dogs and cats. Oh oh, I can't remember the name of it or the cost. But my son will be here this evening, so I will add that in a few hours.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:21 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
The apartment I referred to is called Iconic Village, and he paid $ 459 per month, and had a room mate who paid the same. It is on Ramsay Street, off LBJ Drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: