Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 06:59 AM

3 posts, read 66,749 times

Advertisements

I'll be making my first trip up to Austin this weekend for a UT football game and would like to know the best place to park. I don't mind walking a mile or a bit more so parking on the west side of campus to the west of Guadalupe is fine. I've checked out StubHub and can find parking within the campus for $25 + $17 shipping but I'm envisioning a nightmare of gridlock as everyone is trying to drive through campus at the same time. Any ideas on this one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
Take the shuttle from Barton Creek Square Mall!

$9, you ride in air-conditioned comfort, then have a short walk when you get the university. Plenty of parking at the mall. By far the easiest way to do it. You can also take the shuttle from the UT intermural fields.

Look at the right hand side bar of this page (Longhorn Express)

Football Parking Information | Parking & Transportation Services (PTS) | The University of Texas at Austin

Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
centralaustinite is correct. The shuttle is the most convenient for out of town visitors who are unfamiliar with the parking situation near the campus.

There are a few parking garages a longer walk away open to first come first served for $15.

The closest parking garages are reserved for Longhorn Foundation donors on game day. We park in the garage across the street from Scholz's Beer Garden (a reserved garage).

Do not attempt to drive through the campus on Saturday.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,275,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weef View Post
I'll be making my first trip up to Austin this weekend for a UT football game and would like to know the best place to park. I don't mind walking a mile or a bit more so parking on the west side of campus to the west of Guadalupe is fine. I've checked out StubHub and can find parking within the campus for $25 + $17 shipping but I'm envisioning a nightmare of gridlock as everyone is trying to drive through campus at the same time. Any ideas on this one?
Depends on where the StubHub parking permit is. Ours is in the Blue lot, we are on the freeway in five minutes max and never in traffic. Not so with all other lots. Map is here. Generally, if you can stay towards the edges, you are better off.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the great info everyone!

There are parking lots on the east side of I35 next to the UFCU Disch-Falk field too. If you park there how to do you get over to the stadium? The blue lots look good but I'll end up paying about $50 on StubHub for those.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
Quote:

There are parking lots on the east side of I35 next to the UFCU Disch-Falk field too. If you park there how to do you get over to the stadium? The blue lots look good but I'll end up paying about $50 on StubHub for those.
You walk!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,275,400 times
Quote:

As CA said, you walk. Be careful when you come out of those lots. If you need to go N bound, exit onto MLK first, then turn left at 35 and there is a northbound ramp right there. If you need to go S, exit to the frontage road, stay on it N to 32nd, do a U turn, and go southbound. There is an on ramp IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR LEFT. Get on, and get in the left lane ASAP.

Whatever you do, don't leave there and try to go west through campus - better to stay on 35 N to 183 or S to 290 and get west that way.

Have fun!

Old 09-18-2013, 04:50 PM

543 posts, read 1,740,098 times
The HEB Hancock Center on Red River offers free safe parking. It is a little more than one mile north of the stadium. Cap Metro runs regularly from there. I would take the bus to the game but walk back to the car afterwards since the buses are less frequent late at night.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiguel View Post
The HEB Hancock Center on Red River offers free safe parking. It is a little more than one mile north of the stadium. Cap Metro runs regularly from there. I would take the bus to the game but walk back to the car afterwards since the buses are less frequent late at night.
That's an interesting idea - are the neighborhoods along Red River safe at night?

Old 09-19-2013, 05:52 AM

543 posts, read 1,740,098 times
The short answer is yes. The Hancock neighborhood is among the safest in the city limits. Some people park on the residential streets north of 32nd St but I don't think that is very fair to the residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin