Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 AM

6 posts, read 8,784 times

Advertisements

Thanks I'll call!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 05:52 AM

Thank you!

Old 01-14-2015, 05:57 AM

Thank you very much CARIABACH I'll try to contact to you.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:11 AM

My soon 17 years, is now in Première..When we'll moving in Austin (august 2015) he could begin Terminale..Just his last year of secondary education...I see that we could be difficult for him...My other soon, 14 years, he could begin Seconde...

Do you Know other possibilities in Dallas or Houston?
For my soon, 14 years, what is considerated "the best" School (public or private) in Austin?

Thank you very much for your aid.

Carmen.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:11 PM

668 posts, read 784,009 times
Carmen, we have an Austin Accueil chapter, and they'd be a good resource. Additionally, we have a Saturday school program for French expatriates (Education Franaise Austin) and they may have some ideas. To be honest though, I don't think there are any truly viable options here if finishing Terminale is your desire.

I'd say the best secondary school in Austin is, hands down, St Stephens Academy. I went to university with several graduates from St Stephens and they were exceptionally well-educated. I was valedictorian of Lake Travis High School, and I did NOT get the same quality of education that they did.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,046 times
Exclamation Ecole Jean-Jaques Rousseau, just say no!

I wish I had read Eirencat's review before I wasted $25,000 on a school that mistreats children. The director has caused so much pain for so many families that it's unbelievable that they are still legally allowed to accept children. My own daughter told me she was slapped by the director twice and kicked by her father the Arabic teacher. She has also been punished repeatedly for not being able to focus and being tired even though I begged the director to give less homework. She told me to my face that she doesn't like American parents because we think we are supposed to have affectionate relationships with our children instead of raising capable citizens. There is so much more that I could say, but there is too much to go into here. The school,
Ecole Jean-Jaques Rousseau is being sued by multiple familes for a variety of offenses. My daughter, along with at least 6 other children (so far) were removed for being mistreated just from what my daughter witnessed, and the parents are having to fight to get their money back. I was told I could not get a refund because my money had been spent to pay the previous years debt because the school wasn't doing well.

Wholesome Generation hired an ex EJJR teacher who was also emotionally disturbed by the director's behavior , but with her 25 years experience as a native French teacher, in a warm and pleasant atmosphere, we are so happy! Several former EJJR students are now thriving in their new environment! We expect more to join soon.

The executive director of WG was so helpful and compassionate when I told her my story. She is a godsend! They are really great about giving you a variety of options to afford a spot for your children. I feel so blessed to have found this amazing educational community!

Lilian's mom

Old 09-03-2016, 08:54 PM

74 posts, read 91,417 times
Vandegrift High School in Leander has an amazing French program!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:41 AM

We also lost money when we pulled our daughter from Ecole JJR. Almost the entirety of the original class of students there left for the same kinds of reasons you describe, Discloser, and I spoke with one of their parents after we left. (That parent also lost the entirety of the next year's tuition.) It's a great-sounding scam.

If anyone on this forum is considering Austin French for Kids for any reason, I would just say RUN RUN RUN. Don't even consider it. It is not accredited or licensed with any governing body in France or Texas and the headmistress is outright delusional.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:58 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,130,727 times
if you feel so strongly maybe post a review. Right now they are 4.5 stars with 10 reviews.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ecole-jean-...ousseau-austin

Old 09-07-2016, 09:06 AM

I definitely will. One of the "not recommended" reviews is negative but it is hidden. It's interesting that all of their reviews are from February and July of this year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin