Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,768 times

Advertisements

The construction under the overpass at the 620/SH45 interchange is where Pearson Ranch Road will come out and intersect. It will ultimately loop around behind the bus barn to come out where the current construction is at 620. It looks like there will be traffic signals for traffic to go eastbound onto SH45 - not sure if the 620 westbound section will be "straightened" though. I'd count on more traffic signals in the area though.
Regarding the new section of Neenah, some estimates were it would open by the end of this month. We stopped and asked a worker about that yesterday and he said "probably a couple more months" (unlikely it'll take that long).
There was some language that this project should have been done by January 1, 2016 but I couldn't find anything that gives them a hard date, only that the county or RRISD could take it over if they want. While most of the length of it is finally paved and striped, there are still some curbs and drainage elements that are incomplete, landscaping and irrigation work to be done, and most importantly, traffic signage/indicators for the school zone and Pearson/Neenah intersection. The developer may also have the discretion to delay opening it until the construction on some/all of the side streets is further along or completed.

[URL]https://agenda.wilco.org/mindocs/2010/COM/20100413_761/726_Pearson Place Development Agreement.pdf[/URL]

[URL]https://agenda.wilco.org/docs/2013/COM/20130319_994/9419_final RRISD- Wilco Dev. Agrmt Pearson Ranch Road 3-12-13 (00270306).PDF[/URL]

[URL]http://www.roadbond.org/Portals/19/Documents/P1-1.24_Pearson-SH45_Layout-20150219.pdf[/URL]

[URL="http://www.roadbond.org/Projects/Precincts/Precinct1/126PearsonRanchRoad/tabid/3401/Default.aspx"]Pearson Ranch Road[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 08:48 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
It appears they will be putting in sidewalks also.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:50 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,545,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It appears they will be putting in sidewalks also.
Yay for sidewalks!!!

Old 04-07-2016, 11:04 AM

74 posts, read 123,062 times
I emailed Williamson county for a status update and the road, since I ran on it yesterday and it's fully paved and striped to Pearson Ranch road. This was their response as to the opening date.

Thank you for inquiring, we are also excited for the opening of the Neenah Ave. project. Final inspection and roadway opening is dependent upon some minor conditions to be met and routine filings as determined by the City of Austin. We will be announcing the official opening once all details are finalized.

We appreciate your interest in WilCo roads and public safety improvements.

Thanks for nothing Williamson County

Old 04-07-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffngio View Post
I emailed Williamson county for a status update and the road, since I ran on it yesterday and it's fully paved and striped to Pearson Ranch road. This was their response as to the opening date.

Thank you for inquiring, we are also excited for the opening of the Neenah Ave. project. Final inspection and roadway opening is dependent upon some minor conditions to be met and routine filings as determined by the City of Austin. We will be announcing the official opening once all details are finalized.

Hey, it's an election year...Hard to get a straight answer from ANYbody!!!

Having ridden the new stretch as recently as last weekend, I don't see any real benefit to opening the section behind Pearson Place(on the west side of Pearson Ranch Rd) before school is out. I think the local school traffic would 'mesh' more 'organically' after having one summer to get accustomed to the new patterns. Especially since there is heavy construction on both sides of Neenah(behind Pearson Place), I'd want that to clear a bit before opening it to traffic. Just my .02 since I no longer live across the Blvd. from PP.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Hey, opening it all the way through will cut Mrs. ScoPro's frequent trips from the Meadows of Brushy Creek over to her church (St. Vincent DePaul Catholic) in half. Plus she won't have to deal with the Parmer/Avery Ranch intersection no'mo', not to mention making our Lakeline area shopping trips easier!
Maybe I'll get her a bike...... with a St. Christopher's medal. Do they make bicycles for grandmas?

BTW - We understand that the developer is supposedly going to install a traffic signal at the new Pearson RR and Neenah intersection. Evidently the CoA will not put one up at Pearson RR & Avery RR where it's going to be needed soon, what with all the build out in that area.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffngio View Post

Almost two weeks later - even the landscaping dirt has been in place for at least 10 days, and no signs of opening yet.

In fact some of the new dirt washed over the sidewalks after the big rains.

Guess the last paperwork is just sitting on someone's desk while they are vacationing in Cabo.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:56 AM

I still think they should wait until school is out before opening the new stretch...safety first!!! Apologies to Mrs ScoPro; but you can imagine what the first day of school traffic on the new road would be like!!! SHE is a great driver; but the others may not be so cautious.

The flashing lights on 620 where Pearson Ranch Rd will theoretically intersect are a bit premature, IMO. It looks like a ton of work to be done before those two roads can connect.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I still think they should wait until school is out before opening the new stretch...safety first!!! Apologies to Mrs ScoPro; but you can imagine what the first day of school traffic on the new road would be like!!! SHE is a great driver; but the others may not be so cautious.

The flashing lights on 620 where Pearson Ranch Rd will theoretically intersect are a bit premature, IMO. It looks like a ton of work to be done before those two roads can connect.

Yeah, what's up with that? They haven't even started extending Pearson Ranch Road down there yet.

On a slightly related note - my SIL had the Pearson family kids (two daughters, IIRC,) as her students at RRHS decades ago. She even picked one up every day to on her way to school. They are the "kids" who sold the land to the developers.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yeah, what's up with that? They haven't even started extending Pearson Ranch Road down there yet.

On a slightly related note - my SIL had the Pearson family kids (two daughters, IIRC,) as her students at RRHS decades ago. She even picked one up every day to on her way to school. They are the "kids" who sold the land to the developers.

I'd love to see some of the numbers involved in the Avery, Pearson and Robinson family land holdings

'Course, they got nuthin' on the Alcoa holdings out east
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...954&j=72492142

Of course, developers HAVE been known to go bankrupt(especially the shenanigans around the Pearson Place and subsequent sale of much of the land to RRISD). Gotta wonder who actually got paid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin