Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 02:36 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times

Advertisements

Don't know the back story on all that, but one of the daughters has her ranch house entrance around the block from us. have seen some of her cows & goats get over the cattleguard & out into the neighborhood to feast on some of the flower beds.

It will be more interesting to see what happens when the Robinson family finally decides to sell off their 6,000 acre ranch for development. One of their boys was a year or two behind me at St. Edwards High School when I graduated 55 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 02:08 PM

3 posts, read 2,615 times
I am not trying to veer too far off topic, but does anyone know what roads (if any) are going to feed in to Pearson Place from the Meadows at Brushy Creek? I am particularly interested in Sharpstone Trail.

EDIT..... I just saw this is an older thread and started a new topic also.

Last edited by amick; 05-31-2016 at 02:24 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amick View Post
I am not trying to veer too far off topic, but does anyone know what roads (if any) are going to feed in to Pearson Place from the Meadows at Brushy Creek? I am particularly interested in Sharpstone Trail.
That's an interesting little parcel there on the southeast corner of Avery Ranch Blvd and Pearson Ranch Rd. I'm not aware of development there; but I imagine some enterprising developer will bulldoze the trees and build away at the first opportunity. Unless it's a deep, dark secret, that parcel does not belong to Avery Ranch...not sure if it's part of the Pearson Ranch that was included in the sale for residential development...interesting

ScoPro may know more about that; but I'm not even sure if it's in Austin or the Round Rock ETJ along there.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:00 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,981,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
That's an interesting little parcel there on the southeast corner of Avery Ranch Blvd and Pearson Ranch Rd. I'm not aware of development there; but I imagine some enterprising developer will bulldoze the trees and build away at the first opportunity. Unless it's a deep, dark secret, that parcel does not belong to Avery Ranch...not sure if it's part of the Pearson Ranch that was included in the sale for residential development...interesting

ScoPro may know more about that; but I'm not even sure if it's in Austin or the Round Rock ETJ along there.
SE corner of Avery Ranch and Pearson Ranch?

Austin full purpose.

Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
SE corner of Avery Ranch and Pearson Ranch?

Austin full purpose.

Geocortex Viewer for HTML5
Thanks! I hadn't seen that resource before.

The boundaries sure get a bit zig zaggy around there.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 2,615 times
Great resource. I'm sure it will be developed at some point. $$$ speaks. Looks like it will be up to the ETJ and future developer if an entrance will happen. Again $$$ speaks, so anything is possible.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:04 PM

That link won't open for me.

amick - Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question.

At present, Sharpstone Trail ends at one of the entrances to the Pearson Ranch (as in the family's cattle ranch, not the developed neighborhood). One of the Pearson families live inside that area, although they have a closer ranch gate to their house at Mickey & Braesgate. I've heard nothing about any development scheduled for that parcel, as it hasn't been sold (as far as I know) to a developer.... yet. Same for the section of the ranch that faces 620.

It would be interesting to know if any more roads will be built from the Meadows neighborhood into Avery Ranch/Pearson place besides Neenah. In fact it would be nice to know when the Neenah extension itself is going to open. It looks like all the landscaping was finished weeks ago.

Also we have been wondering when Pearson Ranch Road is going to be extended down to 620, since the new intersection with traffic signals under 45 has already been completed. Kinda odd they'd do that before starting on the extension road itself.

Just got our Meadows HOA bulletin today, mentioning that the heaviest construction at the new middle school will be done by August. I assume they mean the earth moving & slab-pouring. Guess that school will be ready for the 2017-18 school year. No telling when they'll start on the new high school which I think will be built on Pearson Ranch Road south of England Elementary & the Neenah extension.

Decades ago, my sister-in-law taught the Pearson children at Round Rock High School. In fact she gave one of the girls a ride to school each morning - picking her up in front of the family homestead on 620 near the railroad tracks. That was back in the day (late 1960s or early 1970s?) when 620 was just a 2 lane ranch road, with the occasional pickup truck to get stuck behind - and 620 & 183 was a 4 way stop.

We live on Brimstone - built the last house on this street in 1995 when I retired. Think the houses on Sharpstone & Rockgate went up in the 1980s well before we moved here.

My brother used to hunt with Buck Avery over on that big ranch back in the 1960s & '70s - when Buck was on the Board of Seton Hospital. My brother was the Co-CEO of the hospital itself along with Mother Superior Sister Mary McPhee. The Averys at one time owned about 20,000 acres from 183 over past I-35, IIRC.

Said brother oversaw the moving of Seton from its old location in the UT West Campus (24th Street?) to its present location on 38th Street. He said running that massive construction project, moving everything & everybody, plus the demolition of the old site was a major PITA. He consumed a lot of Pepto-Bismo for close to three years dealing with all that. lol Two of my kids were born in the old Seton, and Mrs. ScoPro got the same room Luci Baines Johnson-Nugent was in when she had her kid. There is a life magazine cover picture taken in that room with President LBJ sitting in a recliner holding his new grandbaby. I sat in that same chair several times a couple of years later. When the old hospital was being demolished, my brothers & I salvaged some items out of the big old building. I removed the cabinets out of a nurses' station on the 3rd floor & dragged them down the stairs to my pickup. They now serve as my garage workbench.

Hope this wasn't too long-winded, just a few thoughts that popped into my head.

Last edited by ScoPro; 06-01-2016 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 08:58 AM

5 posts, read 5,816 times
we bought new house in pearson place, we have easement on left side of our house. How easement going to be covered? are builder going to pave or put pebbles?

Old 06-03-2016, 05:20 PM

74 posts, read 123,121 times
it's OPEN! Neenah all the way from Parmer to Pearson Place. I can't wait to see the traffic decrease on Avery Ranch.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffngio View Post
it's OPEN! Neenah all the way from Parmer to Pearson Place. I can't wait to see the traffic decrease on Avery Ranch.
What about from Pearson Place over to the Meadows of Brushy Creek by the water tower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin