Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 4,435 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I've been a lurker of this site for years and decided to sign up due to an upcoming relocation from Dallas to possibly Wells Branch. It's close to downtown and a lot of my favorite stores are close by (Wholefoods, Target etc.) My husband and I are looking at apartments at 3300 Wells Branch. The research I've done on this forum has been mixed in regards to the area. Is it true that the West said of Wells Branch is relatively safe and quiet? Or should we avoid this area entirely? Any input would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 09:12 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,924,669 times
Wells Branch is fine, but it's not close to downtown, at least not from a commute standpoint. Where will you be working?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Wells Branch is fine, but it's not close to downtown, at least not from a commute standpoint. Where will you be working?
Thanks for the reply! We are self-employed and both work from home right now. By "close" to downtown, we were told 20-30 minutes after rush hour which isn't too bad.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:37 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,924,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srluxetx View Post
Thanks for the reply! We are self-employed and both work from home right now. By "close" to downtown, we were told 20-30 minutes after rush hour which isn't too bad.
Yes, if you are traveling off peak, then you can be downtown easily in that time frame. That address appears to be right off Mopac (Loop 1) which would give you easy access to downtown as well as The Domain. Wells Branch has a really nice park and trails system as well.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:20 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,773 times
Those look like luxury type apartments so they're not especially cheap compared to other areas closer to downtown. Personally, I would choose a complex in the Arboretum/Great Hills area before those. You would be close to both the Gateway and Domain Whole Foods locations as well as a Target and other shopping.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:51 AM

254 posts, read 281,185 times
I like living in Wells Branch, and find it perfectly safe and the location convenient.

That said, I wouldn't pay a huge premium to live in an apartment in Wells Branch, unless living in a luxury apartment, being able to walk to the train station & being able to drive downtown in under 30 minutes while staying in the suburbs are very high priorities for you. I second looking around the Arboretum/Great Hills area.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower_FL View Post
I like living in Wells Branch, and find it perfectly safe and the location convenient.

That said, I wouldn't pay a huge premium to live in an apartment in Wells Branch, unless living in a luxury apartment, being able to walk to the train station & being able to drive downtown in under 30 minutes while staying in the suburbs are very high priorities for you. I second looking around the Arboretum/Great Hills area.
Hi Wildflower,
Yes, we prefer living in a luxury apartment and we couldn't find any (in our price range) closer to the Domain. Would you happen to know of any off the top of your head?

The complex at 3300 Wells Branch is a lot cheaper than the apartment we currently have in Irving. Plus, getting away from the constant earthquakes in this area is an added bonus!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 PM

515 posts, read 558,317 times
Wells Branch is a good place to start with, for renting and getting a feel for the Austin area. Lots of apartments and some small homes, nice parks and ok public transportation.
Well Branch = Valley Ranch (minus earthquakes but a little more expensive)

Old 06-02-2015, 01:17 PM

254 posts, read 281,185 times
I don't know what the going rate for apartments are these days, but Wells Branch has a lot of 20 - 30 year old complexes, so that tends to keep the rents lower. I personally would just go with a less expensive complex since I like the location and the parks and trails system, or look around the Arboretum, which is closer in to shopping and has more restaurants.

If you want newer and a lower price range, I would take a look around La Frontera in Round Rock or around the Lakeline station if being near the train is important. They would be further from downtown, but near the toll roads.

Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions about Wells Branch.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:05 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,773 times
I would look at places in the Arboretum or Great Hills area like this place. This particular complex is very well reviewed on Yelp as well. It's a very safe area and actually walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Tramor At The Arboretum Apartments Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin