Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:45 AM

156 posts, read 318,028 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We are interested in Pacsetters home, community is Knollwood on the Colorado river and Enclave highland horizon by CalAtlantic patio home because these homes are under 330k and location wise. Is ít a good place to raise kids? If you are living here or know anyone lives here pleasr lét us know aboút the community, school..pro and cons .etc..

Thank you all for your valuable time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 03:06 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Most of that part of town has been primarily light industrial and gravel pits for decades. Much of the Eastside is gentrifying but you will definitly be pioneering in that area. The neighborhood is landlocked between the river, Hwy-183 and the railroad. Its not very walkable because there is very little around it you can walk to except the light industrial office parks on the NW side of HWY-183. There is a high school a couple of blocks West of 183, but as best I can tell there are no sidewalks or crosswalks to help a pedestrian get across HWY-183. You will have to drive several miles to get to a grocery store or restaurant.

According to Trulia Local - Visual analysis of local data that entire area prone to flooding. I don't pay much attention to schools but I'm pretty sure the ones serving that area are not very good.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:55 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
It's hard to get behind a community that has taken so long to build out. That tells you a lot. The houses are 6+ years old and they aren't done building yet, and the community isn't that big. Why? Because the price is too much for the size of the home for the location. That size for that price is great further in or in other areas of town with better schools and more amenities, but not over there. They shouldn't be over $300k, in my opinion.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Most of that part of town has been primarily light industrial and gravel pits for decades. Much of the Eastside is gentrifying but you will definitly be pioneering in that area. The neighborhood is landlocked between the river, Hwy-183 and the railroad. Its not very walkable because there is very little around it you can walk to except the light industrial office parks on the NW side of HWY-183. There is a high school a couple of blocks West of 183, but as best I can tell there are no sidewalks or crosswalks to help a pedestrian get across HWY-183. You will have to drive several miles to get to a grocery store or restaurant.

According to Trulia Local - Visual analysis of local data that entire area prone to flooding. I don't pay much attention to schools but I'm pretty sure the ones serving that area are not very good.
Thank you very much CptnRn! I guess I need to look some other area!

Old 03-10-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
It's hard to get behind a community that has taken so long to build out. That tells you a lot. The houses are 6+ years old and they aren't done building yet, and the community isn't that big. Why? Because the price is too much for the size of the home for the location. That size for that price is great further in or in other areas of town with better schools and more amenities, but not over there. They shouldn't be over $300k, in my opinion.
Hi FalconheadWest: May I ask which are you referring to Pacesetter Homes or CalAtlantic at Enclave?

Old 03-12-2016, 12:12 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:

All of these comments were in regard to "Pacsetters home, community is Knollwood on the Colorado river".

The "Enclave highland horizon by CalAtlantic patio home" is in an entirely different part of town. It is my impression that it is a good neighborhood, but I really know very little about that part of town so I will leave it to someone else to comment on it.

OP it might be smart to start a separate thread about the Enclave as the title of this thread probably won't help catch anyone's eye who is knowledgeable about that area.

Edit: Looks like you found this one here //www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ity-620-a.html

Last edited by CptnRn; 03-12-2016 at 12:52 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 11:29 PM

163 posts, read 158,939 times
That area are the boonies

Old 03-12-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
All of these comments were in regard to "Pacsetters home, community is Knollwood on the Colorado river".

The "Enclave highland horizon by CalAtlantic patio home" is in an entirely different part of town. It is my impression that it is a good neighborhood, but I really know very little about that part of town so I will leave it to someone else to comment on it.

OP it might be smart to start a separate thread about the Enclave as the title of this thread probably won't help catch anyone's eye who is knowledgeable about that area.

Edit: Looks like you found this one here //www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ity-620-a.html
Thank you very much CptnRn!

Old 03-13-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamoo View Post
That area are the boonies
Thanks Dynamoo!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:49 AM

18 posts, read 15,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies105 View Post
Hi all,

We are interested in Pacsetters home, community is Knollwood on the Colorado river and Enclave highland horizon by CalAtlantic patio home because these homes are under 330k and location wise. Is ít a good place to raise kids? If you are living here or know anyone lives here pleasr lét us know aboút the community, school..pro and cons .etc..

Thank you all for your valuable time!
Knollwood on the Colorado has a park that is on the bank of the Colorado River in a stretch that has pretty decent fishing. Aside from that, it doesn't strike me as a great place to live. What would drive me crazy about the neighborhood is that it is only accessible from northbound 183. And to leave the neighborhood you have to continue northbound on 183.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin