Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,724 times

Advertisements

I've been happily living in Austin for about 2 years now and have found some great things to do around the city. Hiking throughout the various nature reserves and natural parks is always great, along with finding some off time to bike around the beautiful city. If I'm ever in the mood for some music, East 6th is never a bad place to go and West 6th has all of the club scenes you'll ever need! Is there anything that you like in particular about Austin? Some gem you'd like to let other Austinites know about? Talk about it on here!

Thanks
Andres Garcia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 06:50 PM

895 posts, read 1,243,186 times
It's not Austin and it's not super unique in terms of being a regional thing but we have season tickets to the Texas stars minor league hockey games m. Cedar park center (Heb center now) and it's an absolute BLAST.

Not to be that person but my favorite thing about Austin is not having to be there on the weekend

Old 05-13-2016, 12:27 PM

33 posts, read 83,678 times
There are so many great places in Austin ... I just went to the Buzzmill last night, I've been there before but it's been awhile, and it was great. They've expanded the patio and had some live music and a flip cup tournament going on - just lots of fun and positive energy!

but my favorite thing about Austin is going to all the greenbelts and Creeks - Twin Falls, Lost Creek, St. Edwards, etc. They are so much fun and beautiful - even in the winter it's fun to hike and relax - just love it!

Old 05-13-2016, 12:30 PM

13 posts, read 14,657 times
I'm a cult film geek, so I spent a lot of time at either Terror Tuesday and Weird Wednesday screening at the Ritz Drafthouse, or other retro film screening at the local Drafthouse's, also at the Austin Film Society theater at Marchesa Hall which shows a lot of cool arthouse stuff.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:55 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,912,236 times
Elephant Room for jazz, movies at Violet Crown or Drafthouse, summer classic film series at Paramount, vintage shops on North Loop, LBJ musuem, peacocks at park by Westwood Country Club, stand up paddle on the lake, Ski Shores, brunch at Fonda San Miguel, Blue Dahlia, Epicerie, Peter Pan putt putt, Hancock 9 hole course, trying new restaurants, summer free symphony in the park, shakespeare at Zilker park...

Old 05-13-2016, 01:07 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,795,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Elephant Room for jazz, movies at Violet Crown or Drafthouse, summer classic film series at Paramount, vintage shops on North Loop, LBJ musuem, peacocks at park by Westwood Country Club, stand up paddle on the lake, Ski Shores, brunch at Fonda San Miguel, Blue Dahlia, Epicerie, Peter Pan putt putt, Hancock 9 hole course, trying new restaurants, summer free symphony in the park, shakespeare at Zilker park...
Nice list.

I always take first time visitors for a short stop (& hop) up to Mt. Bonnell followed by a stroll through Laguna Gloria (where the peacocks are). Along with other stops.

In fact as a much younger adult, a fun afternoon date would be 20 min. at Laguna Gloria, 20 min. at Mt. Bonnell & then 2-3 hours drinking beers & watching the sun set at Dry Creek with the old lady yelling at us. (all within 2-3 miles of each other)

Old 05-13-2016, 01:21 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,538,099 times
To be honest, I have to struggle to think of things that we do in Austin anymore... I tend to really like the events/places/parks/etc. found in the northern suburbs. We'll be going to Marble Falls tomorrow, and next Saturday it will be Deutschenfest.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:37 PM

15,280 posts, read 35,717,057 times
We spend most every weekend all summer skiing/tubing/swimming on Lake Travis .

Old 05-13-2016, 01:53 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,535,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
To be honest, I have to struggle to think of things that we do in Austin anymore... I tend to really like the events/places/parks/etc. found in the northern suburbs. We'll be going to Marble Falls tomorrow, and next Saturday it will be Deutschenfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
It's not Austin and it's not super unique in terms of being a regional thing but we have season tickets to the Texas stars minor league hockey games m. Cedar park center (Heb center now) and it's an absolute BLAST.

Not to be that person but my favorite thing about Austin is not having to be there on the weekend

Well unfortunately, the thread title is " What are your favorite things to do in Austin?" and not the northern burbs.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:24 PM

15,280 posts, read 35,717,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner77 View Post
Well unfortunately, the thread title is " What are your favorite things to do in Austin?" and not the northern burbs.
Oh, come on. This has been discussed ad nauseam - 'Austin' is (to most people) the Austin area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin