Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times

Advertisements

I saw this case today in the news and it makes me really sad.
https://www.mail.com/news/us/8017174...-mostviewed1-4

THIS is why Sally Hernandez mix of following the law but also being compassionate and intelligent and objective is the best decision for Austin and all the US. If we have a situation where illegals are afraid-it benefits no one.

I think many people are focusing on the illegal people who are criminals. Sally has already said she also is against those being able to stay here. She is doing a really good balancing act.

We do not want honest, good folks who are illegal to feel such fear they murder their own kids (snap into psychoses from stress) to feel so isolated and hunted by authorities.

From the article-(not in Texas but similar things like this are happening here too.)

A ridiculous line "It's not clear why Pelima was worried."

then

"Pelima's boyfriend, the father of both boys, is a native of Nigeria. He was taken into custody by immigration authorities in Pennsylvania on Sept. 14. "

I can see why she was worried, can't you?

I remember hearing of Sacco and Vanzetti when I was young.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...nzetti/306625/
Mob mentality, satisfying the status quo, excessive need to punish, destroy reason.

We all know how Nazi Germany became Nazi Germany, right? you start by attacking those no one cares about: illegals, "cripples", mentally ill, Jews or some other ethnic group, things proceed from there. As they get silenced tehy then come for everyone else.

If you are a freedom loving American please consider this, compromising your values in the name of the law if that is unfair will not make America better. We are heading toward and arriving at a mob mentality which plows logic and careful decision making away. Let's not be fools again and again.

Be careful what you wish for-you may get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
They are here illegally which makes them criminals.

She clearly had mental issues. No one in their right mind would kill their own child(ren).

Seriously, your post is retarded.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 PM

202 posts, read 352,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
They are here illegally which makes them criminals.

She clearly had mental issues. No one in their right mind would kill their own child(ren).

Seriously, your post is retarded.
exactly hahahah.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 PM

716 posts, read 539,734 times
what a crock - they broke the law - and i say get the hell out

just another troll to get people all rilled up - there are 100 stories just opposite where illegals are killing our citizens

Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 PM

125 posts, read 191,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
I saw this case today in the news and it makes me really sad.
https://www.mail.com/news/us/8017174...-mostviewed1-4

THIS is why Sally Hernandez mix of following the law but also being compassionate and intelligent and objective is the best decision for Austin and all the US. If we have a situation where illegals are afraid-it benefits no one.

I think many people are focusing on the illegal people who are criminals. Sally has already said she also is against those being able to stay here. She is doing a really good balancing act.

We do not want honest, good folks who are illegal to feel such fear they murder their own kids (snap into psychoses from stress) to feel so isolated and hunted by authorities.

From the article-(not in Texas but similar things like this are happening here too.)

A ridiculous line "It's not clear why Pelima was worried."

then

"Pelima's boyfriend, the father of both boys, is a native of Nigeria. He was taken into custody by immigration authorities in Pennsylvania on Sept. 14. "

I can see why she was worried, can't you?

I remember hearing of Sacco and Vanzetti when I was young.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...nzetti/306625/
Mob mentality, satisfying the status quo, excessive need to punish, destroy reason.

We all know how Nazi Germany became Nazi Germany, right? you start by attacking those no one cares about: illegals, "cripples", mentally ill, Jews or some other ethnic group, things proceed from there. As they get silenced tehy then come for everyone else.

If you are a freedom loving American please consider this, compromising your values in the name of the law if that is unfair will not make America better. We are heading toward and arriving at a mob mentality which plows logic and careful decision making away. Let's not be fools again and again.

Be careful what you wish for-you may get it.
I haven't seen godwin's law invoked this early in a long time. Whatever drugs you're doing, please pass them along.

Last edited by bubbyK; 10-18-2017 at 07:53 PM..

Old 10-18-2017, 08:44 PM

172 posts, read 177,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
We all know how Nazi Germany became Nazi Germany, right?

Yeah. They took away the guns of the citizens.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:20 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
Yeah. They took away the guns of the citizens.
No, they used fear and hyperbole to trick the masses into believing that, by giving them power, they would make Germany great again. No need to take the guns if the people are already drinking your kool-aid.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:02 AM

125 posts, read 191,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
No, they used fear and hyperbole to trick the masses into believing that, by giving them power, they would make Germany great again. No need to take the guns if the people are already drinking your kool-aid.
Not quite. The conditions for Hitler's rise to power would not have been there if the The Treaty of Versailles, the 1921 London Schedule of Payments and the great depression hadn't been so devastating. The allies imposed a Carthaginian peace that humiliated the Germans and this opened the doors to anyone able to inspire them with pride again.

The point is trying to suppress and humiliate an opposing party never did anything any good.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:32 AM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
They are not honest good people, they are Illegal Aliens. Law breakers. Just by being here, they broke the law for their own benefit and therefore cannot be honest. Sally Hernandez needs to be put in prison with these Illegal Aliens for assisting and protecting these criminals with her idiotic policies. Whether they committed additional crimes or not, and more than likely they have, doesn't change the fact that they are still here ILLEGALLY. There is no such thing as good Illegals. We have enough criminals in this country, we don't need to import more.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:37 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
They did both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: