Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 06:37 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,707 times

Advertisements

Keep your pet on a leash.

The mentality of the day: I can do what I want and to hell with you.

Lastly: CLEAN UP YOUR PETS CRAP OR AT LEAST DON'T ALLOW THEM TO CRAP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAIL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 07:08 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Which trail are you complaining about?

Old 11-25-2018, 07:11 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,368 times
Try Nextdoor for this rant, mmmkay?

Old 11-25-2018, 02:42 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,193,358 times
It doesn't matter WHAT trail it is, and this rant is perfectly appropriate for this forum.

I agree with Toilets (that sounded weird) -- I wish people would keep their dogs on leash OR clean up after them on the trail. More than once I've stepped in a fresh, steaming pile of poo on the trail with no water around (in Wilco, if it matters) and had to smell what I couldn't smear off on the grass, in my car for the ride home until they could be cleaned. And no - a mere plastic bag won't contain the smell of fresh, aromatic poo for long. I get it - you think you're in the wild with Fido doin' yer nat'ral thang on the trail. But so are a lot of others who would appreciate a bit of consideration. At least fling it off the trail so it's not directly in the way of foot traffic. mmmkay?

Old 11-25-2018, 03:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
I’m not sure why people think their impassioned rants will actually make knuckleheads change their ways. Do you think someone is going to read your post and suddenly change their ways?

Old 11-25-2018, 04:26 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,633,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I’m not sure why people think their impassioned rants will actually make knuckleheads change their ways. Do you think someone is going to read your post and suddenly change their ways?
*shrug* Maybe it makes them feel better to rant?

Old 11-25-2018, 04:51 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
*shrug* Maybe it makes them feel better to rant?
Which is fine, as long as no one minds CD being full of rants about everyone's personal pet peeves.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:49 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,707 times
omg, have the moderator delete the initial post already if it's bothering so many readers. Good grief. Didn't know it's become so rules based around here. However, if you think about "Austin", this being an Austin forum...then maybe, just maybe you'd want to think about the many parks, trails, paths there are around Austin AND the outlying area...and what might affect users of those places.

But then again maybe you don't. It's not just a personal "rant" it's something more people than just me experience when they go to parks, walk on trails, or whatever.

And no, I don't think jerks are going to "magically" change their ways as I've noted in many situations.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:50 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
omg, have the moderator delete the initial post already if it's bothering so many readers. Good grief. Didn't know it's become so rules based around here. However, if you think about "Austin", this being an Austin forum...then maybe, just maybe you'd want to think about the many parks, trails, paths there are around Austin AND the outlying area...and what might affect users of those places.

But then again maybe you don't. It's not just a personal "rant" it's something more people than just me experience when they go to parks, walk on trails, or whatever.

And no, I don't think jerks are going to "magically" change their ways as I've noted in many situations.

Don't worry about it, there's absolutely no problem with your post. When people get all up in arms at someone daring to post about like this, I think one of two things is going on - one, they are guilty of what's being pointed out is bad behavior, or they simply have WAY too much time on their hands and need to thread nanny. Nothing to do with you.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:30 PM

535 posts, read 1,295,522 times
Well, since we’re on the subject, it runs me nuts when you see they’ve actually used the poop bag, but throw it to the side of the trail. I know this is better than stepping in the poop, but I’m pretty sure the purpose of accommodating everyone with poop bags is not for you to pollute the park with the filled bags.

Signed: A responsible dog owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin