Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:48 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiguel View Post
I miss being able to go to Padres games.....that's all.
When I left San Diego for a few years that was the thing I missed most. I could see myself leaving again one day because of the cost of living, but nothing would ever take the San Diegan out of me, or the Friar Faithful in me.

By the way I'm glad you guys are enjoying Austin, sounds like a great place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 02:46 PM

15 posts, read 68,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca0 View Post
I am moving to Austin April 28th from san diego.... just to give you a bit of background info. I am from northern KY (suburb of cincinnati) and have lived in san diego for a little over a year. My questions are for the san diego transplants.

1.) Why did you move?
2.) Are you happy with your decision?
3.) What did you gain/loss from the move?
1.) I think it's a pretty universal answer - cost of living. There's no way we could afford to buy a house in San Diego.

2.) Absolutely! Although we came from Phoenix, we felt Phoenix was just a stop while we figured out where we wanted to live permanently. Before Phoenix we lived in San Diego for 8 years and I LOVED it. Austin is family friendly and there's so much to do here.

3.) I miss my family and friends (they're all in different parts of So. Cal), the weather, and professional sports teams (Chargers, Dodgers, Padres, Lakers, etc). I miss In n Out and King Taco (this is probably just an L.A. Mexican restaurant), and a few other restaurants. Steak and Shake replaced In n Out, Pluckers replaced our favorite wing joint in San Diego Wings n Things, and as far as Mexican Food, there's tons out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin