Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 AM

88 posts, read 273,245 times

Advertisements

Well, my husband has accepted the position he was offered in Taylor. Now the hard part starts.

We put our house on the market yesterday and it's no where near ready to be shown. We have noticed the houses similar to ours that have been on the market for a couple months are starting to sell. I take that as an encouraging sign. Really, the sale of this house is my biggest worry. The realtors have said the market around here isn't taking a huge hit, but it's definitely down. No one is showing up to Open Houses and buyers are taking more time to make their decisions. We are going to try to be as flexible as possible to get this done!

My parents drove out to Taylor from San Antonio this weekend. I needed another set of eyes to see it. My dad loved it. He said he already found us a couple of houses. My mom is careful to say very little because she doesn't want to influence our decision. They met a lady at the Sirloin Stockade and were provided with an email address for me to get in touch with her. I think that says a lot about how welcoming the people in the community are. At least I hope it does .

Well, please wish us luck and send some good vibes our way. I know many, many people are trying to sell and for not as happy and positive reasons as we have. So in that way I feel very lucky and blessed. We have just joined one of the many!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 08:11 AM

97 posts, read 431,786 times
Where is your house presently? Just wondering since you said "the market around here isn't taking a huge hit" and I'm just wondering where "here" is. We're in a somewhat similar situation, house in Jersey City/Hoboken area just went on market about 2.5 weeks ago and we hope to move to Austin soon. We've had some people looking, but no offers yet. Our realtor has told us the market has "stablized" around here, but not "taking a hit" like the rest of the country.

Anyway... just wondering where you were.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:48 AM

88 posts, read 273,245 times
I'll DM you my location due to job reasons. Never know who reads these boards :-)

However, I did want to clarify on my area not taking a huge hit. Everything I say/write about the market is from a novice point of view. I watch the news and frequent this forum and other real estate forums. But, that's all I know - so take my opinion with a huge grain of salt. There aren't a ton of foreclosures around here. I only know of one in my township. Houses are for sale here and there. Not every block. The exception is a street in a development next to mine. There are 7 houses for sale going down a few blocks on the same street. We almost bought in that development 10 years ago. Luckily, we chose our development. The other development has 1/4 acre lots with huge houses on them. One house is literally about 10 feet from the next house. The street is narrow and everyone has 3 or 4 cars so the street is difficult to drive down with all the cars parked on it. It's extremely claustrophobic. I feel for the people selling on that block. That is where the foreclosure is. The lots in our development are about a 1/2 acre. Our neighborhood has a very nice, open, family friendly atmosphere. We've been very happy here. I'm just hoping another family is able to see everything I love about our home and neighborhood. Our house does have some strikes against it. Blue counter top, missing island, porcelain tile floors downstairs (which is why the island is missing - it's not been replaced since re-doing the floors), original carpeting going up stairs and throughout second level, and only one basin in the master bath. I requested they not do two sinks since I stay home and get up at a different time than my husband. I preferred more counterspace. But I love my house and I love the floors downstairs. Hopefully we will find the right buyer.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
Good luck! Sounds like it's only cosmetic things, so someone may not mind doing a little updating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin