Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 12:33 PM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
4 or 5 years ago I had bronchitis for the first time in my life and I thought I was gonna die. It was the worst I ever felt in my life. I thought it was probably allergies so I held off going to the doctor until I finally couldn't take it anymore. It took a long time to get over. I missed a couple of weeks of work because of it. I cannot imagine having chronic bronchitis and have to deal with it on kind of a regular basis. You have my sympathies.
Its crappy and isnt something I always dealt with until around 2013. I have to keep an inhaler on me because I don't know when or where I might have a flare. It also compromises my workout & cardio abilities because it becomes extremely painful when I run out of breath. Usually I can get by without anything for a long time but then out the blue for seemingly no reason it gets hard to breath and I have to take a puff...usually I can last an inhaler for alittle over a year. My first episode took about 2 months before it subsided even with medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 01:42 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Its crappy and isnt something I always dealt with until around 2013. I have to keep an inhaler on me because I don't know when or where I might have a flare. It also compromises my workout & cardio abilities because it becomes extremely painful when I run out of breath. Usually I can get by without anything for a long time but then out the blue for seemingly no reason it gets hard to breath and I have to take a puff...usually I can last an inhaler for alittle over a year. My first episode took about 2 months before it subsided even with medication.
I've had flu that developed into bronchitis.

I lost 10 lbs in a week.

Problem was I was only 140 to begin with (I'm 5'10)

I was hacking violently and scared everyone. People gave me a wide berth. Bronchitis/pneumonia is true hell on earth, where you wish you could cut your lungs from your body.

I admit that I am now concerned about coronavirus, just because it mimicks benign illnesses like colds. Well after all colds are in the same family.

My husband has had a virus of some sort for four days now and hasn't been able to work. I would lie to you if I say that I don't have coronavirus on the brain...

Old 03-03-2020, 02:15 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
I had a bronchitis-like ailment a year ago that lasted three weeks. Not fun at all, and it delayed my cardiac rehab schedule.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:16 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I was a tennis teaching pro in Atlanta for 25 years(grew up in Columbia...go Gamecocks) and there were days that the pollen on the courts was so bad, it was actually hard to see an optic yellow tennis ball on them!!!

Then, we'd get a welcomed front move through with thunderstorms and all the pollen would pile up in the corners of the court...and the walkways...and the parking lot!!!

Are you a Pickleball player by chance? Quite a few courts in Myrtle Beach from what I hear.
No, no pickle ball for me - golf will be my game. Got here last year end of March.
One of the first questions I asked was "What the heck is all this yellow stuff" ?

Old 03-03-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've had flu that developed into bronchitis.

I lost 10 lbs in a week.

Problem was I was only 140 to begin with (I'm 5'10)

I was hacking violently and scared everyone. People gave me a wide berth. Bronchitis/pneumonia is true hell on earth, where you wish you could cut your lungs from your body.

I admit that I am now concerned about coronavirus, just because it mimicks benign illnesses like colds. Well after all colds are in the same family.

My husband has had a virus of some sort for four days now and hasn't been able to work. I would lie to you if I say that I don't have coronavirus on the brain...
Problem with me and Corona is if I were to get it, it could mean hospitalization for me specifically, I cant gauruntee it but its not a risk I desire to find out. ontop of which I'm also reading that quarantined cases are having to pay out of pocket for their mandatory extended stay. From what I have read the virus is a real threat to those with asthma, bronchitis, existing lung issues as it has the ability to infect both upper and lower respiratory systems. The flu can as well (and I've had flu + bronchitis ... it's not fun to say the least.) but this virus seems to be a bit more dangerous in this regard. Those with healthy lungs probably wont get much more than flu like symptoms but many who were hospitalized and who succumbed had existing lung issues.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:21 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Passing this on...since there is a mask shortage and you guys have people getting tested in Austin.

This was put together by The University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital.
Folks..something is better than nothing if you have to go out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjpH5lBZ8w

Old 03-25-2020, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,014 times
Everyone can make a mask for themselves. Using this tutorial I sewed myself a face mask

Old 03-26-2020, 08:08 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
I also worry about getting corona virus i have severe asthma, chronic bronchitis, and I will usually get pneummonia once a year. Last year was really bad. I had bronchitis, then double pneumonia. I am trying hard to stay as healthy as i can.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:31 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,130,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I also worry about getting corona virus i have severe asthma, chronic bronchitis, and I will usually get pneummonia once a year. Last year was really bad. I had bronchitis, then double pneumonia. I am trying hard to stay as healthy as i can.
you wont have to worry if you stay home and have all food delivered. There are volunteers now who are delivering stuff.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
you wont have to worry if you stay home and have all food delivered. There are volunteers now who are delivering stuff.
Favor and Doordash seem to be delivering as well and Favor / HEB seem to be closely tied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin